Another ugly stump

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hereabouts, we generally call that the "totally effed up, got no clue, hope for the best, maybe nobody got kilt, but if they did, oh well, doofus felling cut".
:D

I'd sure love to know the story behind that.

There was no one there to tell me, and we had to boot scoot on to the next job.

I was just glad I was able to get the pic!

Isn't there some theory that somewhere in the universe the exact opposites from what we know exist.... That photo might be in G.F. Beranek's book published on the planet Vega.

Hereabouts, we generally call that the "totally effed up, got no clue, hope for the best, maybe nobody got kilt, but if they did, oh well, doofus felling cut".
:D

Once in a while you see a chase rig with lots of those in the back. Either a crew supe trying to keep his sawyers working, or a division, opps, or safety guy gathering evidence in preparation for taking away someone's saw card!

I'll go for the 'got his saw stuck and had to rescue it with another saw' that someone else said.
Palms can close up on you REAL quick!

And ditto Burnham's because the obviously didn't have a clue

see if this is upright....

I can't even begin to understand how that was not supposed to get crazy during the process.

Attachments

• barbered stump.jpg
    barbered stump.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 46
The wedge and sledge on the ground somehow add to the effect of the pic.

This guy is a poor faller. He said he got a little scared on this one.
The face took about 15 minutes.....he tried to quarter cut it back chaining (inadvertently cutting the "hinge") then it just blew up and pulled roots and everything up in the air. I was in shock at what I was watching. I've never seen a worse cut. The monterey cypress was maybe 50 feet tall with a lot of head weight......and yes the wedge and sledge in the picture kill me.....what you didn't see was how tight the pull line was....

These guys use sledge to get stuck saws out.....so you don't have to use the loader to help free the saw.

Sweet Jesus save us.

Back