576 vs new 372

Tucker,

I'm rather new to the Husqvarna saws. Don't know much about them, as I've always owned Echo saws up until now. I checked out the .058 gauge bars at TreeStuff.com and found that they don't list the 562XP.

20" Oregon Power Match Chainsaw Bar (208RNDD009)
Uses 72 drive links of 3/8" pitch x .058" gauge chain
Fits the following saws.........
Husqvarna 61, 65, 66, 70, 77, 160, 162, 181, 185, 260, 266, 268, 272, 281, 285, 288, 288 Lite, 298, 365, 371, 372, 380, 385, 390, 394, 395, 480, 570, 575, 576, 1100, 2100, 2101, 3120, Jungle 3120

Which is why I was confused.........and maybe still am, just a little...a tad bit.....LOL

Joel

My 550 and 545 came with 325. I switched them over to 3/8 rim sprocket immediately. Much better bucking saws with 3/8. Better limbing with 325.

Long as this popped up, Ill check in to say my 576s are still screaming, and trouble free. Sweet saws.:drink:

Excellent. Mine is doing great as well. It's kind of become my weapon of choice. Trucker is right, this saw is super smooth, more-so than my 390, which is also very well isolated. Silky smooth 576 XP AT.

DSC04132.JPG

Thanks for the great feedback on the 576XP, guys. I'm now leaning toward something a bit bigger, and the 576XP looks like something I'm after.

Bailye's answered my question. The reason the .058 gauge bars aren't listed under the 562XP is because Husqvarna doesn't recommend this chain on saws with engines less than 68cc. The 576XP isn't that much bigger anyway.......and I appreciate the great reviews I've seen here.

Joel

FYI, I run .050 on all my saws, except on my 3120, which sports .404 .063 gauge. No reason or need for the thicker gauges which will cut a tad slower.

Also, I have the older 575, low hours. Will sell for ~$375.00

Tucker,

Thanks for your input on this subject. I kinda figured that the 562 would probably handle the 3/8" x .058 chain, but just wasn't sure.

And I do understand that .050 gauge chain would work better in most cases, but I'm trying to establish a set of saws that all use the same pitch and gauge so that I can purchase a roll of chain and make my own chain loops. A standard size chain would allow me to reduce my inventory and makes things a bit cheaper.

A full roll of chain amounts to 100 feet. A chain loop for my 395XP/32" requires 105 drive links. The 562XP with a 20" bar will use about about 70 drive links. I like the idea of having a full roll of chain on hand so that I never have to worry about trying to get another one when I'm out in the sticks. I'm a LONG ways away from civilization up here.

Joel

I spin up my own chains and prefer to keep it simple too. It's convenient as all hell imo, as well as more economical. For the same reason I run all Stihl, I tried a couple huskys out this year. Not my cup of tea.

I spin up my own chains and prefer to keep it simple too. It's convenient as all hell imo, as well as more economical. For the same reason I run all Stihl, I tried a couple huskys out this year. Not my cup of tea.

You try a 562? Im stihl all the way but its a sick bitch. Big dawgs, heated handle. Hmmm

I ran a 562, it was a nice saw. Smooth. The one I tried out was modded too, ran neck and neck with my ehp361. I just don't run saws in that size range. I'm pretty stuck on the 046/460/461 for a mid size saw.

The 562 seems to me as being something of a do-all saw. It's not too big to be carried into the tree, and it's not too small for firewood bucking. Should I end up with the 562XP it will likely be fitted up with a 20" bar/chain. I like the 20" bar. I prefer it over any other, but it's not suited for most stump work.

Great feedback from all, and it's truly appreciated folks.

Joel

Tucker,

Thanks for your input on this subject. I kinda figured that the 562 would probably handle the 3/8" x .058 chain, but just wasn't sure.

And I do understand that .050 gauge chain would work better in most cases, but I'm trying to establish a set of saws that all use the same pitch and gauge so that I can purchase a roll of chain and make my own chain loops. A standard size chain would allow me to reduce my inventory and makes things a bit cheaper.

A full roll of chain amounts to 100 feet. A chain loop for my 395XP/32" requires 105 drive links. The 562XP with a 20" bar will use about about 70 drive links. I like the idea of having a full roll of chain on hand so that I never have to worry about trying to get another one when I'm out in the sticks. I'm a LONG ways away from civilization up here.

Joel

72 dl.

It's what works for different trees/areas. Here I never run a 20" bar ever. Most people prefer a saw in that size range and the 562 I ran was a ripper. I'm just stuck in my ways I guess.

Squisher,

I've tried the 24" bars while in the tree and find them to be too awkward and clumsy. It's not often that a 24" bar is required while in the tree. The 18" bar is just too short for most of my firewood bucking work.

You really should try a 20" bar.....just once. Borrow one from a friend for a day. I'm not forcing it down your throat.....just happen to think you'd like it a whole lot. I use three different saws while doing my work. The little top-handled 14" saw is perfect while in the tree. The 20" gets used the most often while on the ground. My 32" 395XP pretty much lives in the wood lot. I only drag it off the wood pile when I need to tackle a large stump.

Joel

Cleaning up the wood lot 003.jpg

I have some 20" bars, just not a fit here. I run 16" on the tophandle and then jump to 24" on a 46, then to a 36" on a 66.

The option is there, if your dealer can't get it, there is something wrong with your dealer, I think.

Man, I would have gone that way, too.
Why not sell the arctic package whereever there is a demand.
Stupid!!!!!!!!!!

Stig my Stihl dealer support pushed me away. It was unreal. Great tools, great company, but my local dealers were an abortion clinic.

Back