Thinking about getting a chipper

Came very close to buying a 6" Go Bandit , went for tow behind Morbark 7 instead ... One guy around here has a big track Vermeer which makes him big fat $$$ by going TO the work

Didn't nick but a BB 90? There's a thread on it somewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright, I spent the last two weeks looking. I even contacted Bandit, as they're only a few hours away about used stuff. I called the guy today and offered him 8K. He agonized a bit and said he'll take it.

I'm going to pick it up Wednesday if everything checks out once I'm down there. It's like a 5 1/2 hour drive. Gotta find a pintle for the back of my poor little pickup. hahaha

I'll post more if I get her home.

Cheers.

Hope it works out...Pete is right...I love coming in the driveway and seeing my chipper there...just waiting like a good doggie for me to take it out to play.

I agree with Merle and Jim. The chipper will definitely push you...tail wags the dog. I have a full size Dodge Ram and my chipper does not like to stop sometimes when I do. I need to get the brakes working on it.

Congratulations!

Ditto on the brakes...the ones on our second hand chipper were really jerky and bangy, my hubby and a friend adjusted them, but adjusted them too much, they locked up on the way back from a job and were SMOKING when we pulled in!!!
$250 later, they are fine now.

Yeah, good call Jim, idk how many trailers I've hooked up to over the years that the lights were a mess!
I wouldn't sweat pulling that little 90 with that truck but it's always worth getting the brakes and lights fixed pretty quickly. Congrats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good call on the Jack as well. I'm worried about the bearings. I'll check them before I leave, and see if they're roasting before I hit the highway. It's gotta run 65 for a couple hours before I can get back to side roads. . . I'll bring a grease gun too. . .

Back