The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice setups fellas! Sorry Willie, but Rajan has the better presentation. :P
Thank you!
Super bad ass, battle ready looking rig!!!!!!8)

Interesting that it can run off of 120v too!!??!!
Thank you! Multi voltage is a nice feature to have for portability. Your amp output and duty cycle suffer a bit at the lower voltage but still has plenty of ass to get'er dun.
:beerchug:
Harvey brothers, galesburg il. They have people ship them stuff from all over the country. Old timers that do excellent work for fair price. If it's electrical, they can fix it. They got something on about everything i own.

And very nice setups both of you, I'm super jelly of those clamps tho Raj, all i got are some harbor fright c clamps lol
Thank you! I have a few more to find a home on the cart. I buy them when they are on sale and I am sure you know how spendy Bessey stuff is but they are just so darn nice. I would like to get some of the HF F clamps and modify them as table fixture hold downs whenever I build a building/shop for a proper welding table instead of plywood and sawhorses.

The c clamps are cast, so they don't make very good hold down clamps that you can tack to a table. You can easily make your own out of 1/2" plate, weld a nut to them and use a bolt for the clamp part. Even better, if you have the room and desire to have the best, is hunt down an old cast iron fixture table, with the holes, and you can use a springfast for clamping, angle plates for building stuff square, etc, but they are around 2k used i think, and overkill for a home shop, but will last a couple of centuries. What i use is a bunch of pipe jackstands, use 2 to make a sawhorse with a pipe, and then you can level everything up, and use levels to build stuff. Or just get a huge plate of steel and build a table, you can mag drill holes to use a springfast too, cheaper, more versatile, and quicker than clamps

That would def work, but remember a 1/2" plate of that size will not be perfectly flat and will likely warp with use. Not a problem necessarily, and tables like that are used a bunch, but something to keep in mind. If you are building one, i always like to add a section of scrap grating to them, that way you can torch out stuff right on them and the sparks blow thru, and if you are using your plasma you just ground to the table. A nice touch to add at the end of the table. I wouldn't even go a full 4x8, anything of that size you will build more accurately on jackstands, because you can level it first. You can make the jackstands by using a large threaded rod, which you can turn on your lathe. We built custom ones with 1.25" acme rod, put large castors on them so you can move them, and built a custom head for the pipe positioner, which btw is another awesome tool for fabrication, arguably more usefull than a table. Here is a vid of a guy who sells them, small handpowered ones that can easily be built using a trailer hub and ideally a cheap lathe chuck. Incredibly useful, and can be bolted to your new weld table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0cGCZMIfY

3/16 plate is gonna be too thin, no matter how much bracing. Cast iron wont allow spatter to stick to it, you just rub a chunk of steel over it and all the berries are gone. Tables are handy, but trust me, are not even remotely necessary, but if you want to build one, i wouldn't even think of going less than 3/8 plate unless you didn't care if it warped like crazy. On concrete with casters you will be amazed at how easy everything will move. We built one for the fab shop that used 5/8 or 3/4 plate, special ordered for rough flatness, 5' x 10', had a monster structure for it made from c channel, and 1 guy could push it around the shop. Don't put angle at the edges underneath either, so that way c clamps can be used at the edge. We use it to build pipe hangers and such, but jackstands with pipe to make adjustable sawhorses were used for anything bigger than the table. All pipe was fabbed in jackstands and the positioner. If they were free i would fab about everything with them because the ability to rotate and level stuff is key.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yEWiQknMd9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carl, that thing is too cool. Someday before i die, i hope to be at that level. Won't happen most likely, but a man can dream...

That would def work, but remember a 1/2" plate of that size will not be perfectly flat and will likely warp with use. Not a problem necessarily, and tables like that are used a bunch, but something to keep in mind. If you are building one, i always like to add a section of scrap grating to them, that way you can torch out stuff right on them and the sparks blow thru, and if you are using your plasma you just ground to the table. A nice touch to add at the end of the table. I wouldn't even go a full 4x8, anything of that size you will build more accurately on jackstands, because you can level it first. You can make the jackstands by using a large threaded rod, which you can turn on your lathe. We built custom ones with 1.25" acme rod, put large castors on them so you can move them, and built a custom head for the pipe positioner, which btw is another awesome tool for fabrication, arguably more usefull than a table. Here is a vid of a guy who sells them, small handpowered ones that can easily be built using a trailer hub and ideally a cheap lathe chuck. Incredibly useful, and can be bolted to your new weld table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0cGCZMIfY
That's a sweet positioner.

That's a sweet positioner.

If you don't want to spend the money on the trailer hub, you can use 2 close fitting pipes, and a faceplate made from scratch. The hand powered ones are called roll out wheels so you can look them up and get all sorts of ideas. If you build one, you will find yourself not even using a table all that often, trust me. With mig you can't do out of position stuff and get good penetration, so being able to rotate the work with the greatest of ease is very nice, plus you can level it all up to build faster than using squares. When the parts you are building get bigger, just tack a short section of pipe on them and put it in a jackstand like this one. They don't have to be fancy, and you probably have the stuff to make them laying around.
1493039939446480679255.jpg

A giant weld table does come in handy, but they take up a ton of room and are expensive. More stuff than you can imagine are built on a few jackstands, and if you want to spring for one, a chain vise portable table like this, called a tripod.

$_35.JPG

At work our positioners supply thousands of foot pounds of torque, but a hand powered one is more than ample for a home shop. I'm laid off for the moment otherwise i would grab a few more pics, don't ever take them normally because it's not new or exciting anymore lol. Sorry about the long off topic post.

Surreal, Carl. Seems like you should be sat on a chair for the next vid though.....to rub it in a little more. Great stuff

10505055.jpg

Here's the last job from Friday, 20X.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VcZx4Uxg4pI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same job, real time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNCkW9Q7fXo

And a job from Wednesday or Thursday... took 21 trees out on this property.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DFB50HRTRrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A logical question would be how much do those trucks sell for?

Back