What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Yeah Jim we do have it pretty good when it comes to interesting food - its a very multicultural city. We have endless options but there's a trade-off, this city is already beyond full capacity and still growing. The road and public transport systems cant handle the load so it can be a hassle just trying to go somewhere, especially on the weekend.

Weekday traffic is bad enough but at least most people can drive a bit, weekend traffic is bedlam. Turned me into a hermit.

Eating for the farmers tonight, old school dinner. Braised steak & onions, potatoes, carrots and broccoli.

No wine. Should have bought a cask of claret on the way home.:drink:

Think I'll go out and barf in the hedge.

GOD! The things you guys eat.

I wish I could, but no way.

Chris, sounds like you've got it good. I lived in NYC and SF at different times and still do miss the food although we have it pretty good here for being landlocked and all.

Steve Mack, that sounds like a right and proper meal there!

Stig, what's the deal? Stomach troubles?

Bummer! I do remember him saying he likes hot peppers so that kind of rules out stomach troubles!

Me, I got wrecked by some hot sauce at 7am in the local Creole café this morning, breaks me heart but I gotta give up the peppers:cry:

Stig wants to eat meat but can't. It makes him barf.
I'm the same with any kind of sweet vegetables - parsnips, yams etc. Soon as I taste them I start heaving.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This is the dinner thread and you guys are talking about heaving. Poor dining etiquette if i do say. Better to start a barfing thread or something please.

spagetti.jpg
My nephew eating spaghetti the other night, I tried to get a shot of him with a huge mass of it hanging from his mouth but timing was off. We also had wood fire oven roast lamb shoulder and pork belly. good times

Hey Pat, it was pretty good but not as smokey as you might think for flavor. The original plan was to go to the place a few doors down (Woodlands Bar & Grill- was closed) which is also a wood grill, I had the best steak in living memory there while back- big call but true. Its in Neutral Bay near the Oaks, so, obviously on the pricey side.

steak.jpg

Roo taste good, it is not too gamey. I do a rosemary and oil season for mine. 2 minutes each side on a hot grill and then 10 minutes rest and it is perfect as I remember.