Orchids

We need some more. There's some in the How'd it go today thread.:)

Strangley enough we went to Kew last weekend for the Tropical Extavaganza, they deck 1 of the glass houses out with thousands of orchids. The pictures don't do it justice.

078.jpg

072.jpg

071.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

Those last ones are really cute, look like a lady wearing a pretty pink dress. A rather buxom one too. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is what is blooming in our yard. Not all orchids, but pretty!

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
That white one looks like mother goose from my vantage. Here in Idaho, seems like winter was here only a few weeks. Now with the days getting noticeably longer seems as if spring is just around the corner. I just finished putting the finishing touches on two yards of compost. It's super close to being finished. Starting some new piles from the leaves that I left in the beds over winter. Little potted trees seem good. Buds all look healthy. I get to start pruning a few this spring. All of my trees have been grown from seed by me save for a young Acer. I have some persimmon, black walnut, and a apricot. Also have a lot of seeds in pots, in the ground. Waiting for spring to see which ones will pop up.

We have a split entry that I'd like to grow some plants in after a couple years passes and we get a handle on the vegetable garden we are starting. The orchids look like a beautiful option to keep in mind.

Back