Picture of 201T Handle Inside

ruel

TreeHouser
My coworker dropped his 201 from about 50 ft, and smashed the left side of the handle. I took it apart today to glue it back together, but can't figure out how to arrange the linkages. I would rather not take apart another handle to figure it out. Does anyone have a picture of the 201 handle with all of the guts in place, or know where to find a diagram?

As soon as you lose your saw like that, you gotta yell "Fall Right! Fall Right! Fall Right!" at least three times.

Just saying...

Good luck putting that handle back together. Afaik, only 2 people ever, who were not full time, Stihl factory-trained professionals, have been able to successfully reassemble 0200/201 handles. One of them was Elon Musk.

Sean: Just take the other handle apart. Yeah they're a mess, but it's not rocket science. It's a Lego set for Krauts, man... you got this. No problem.

Yes, take the other handle apart, then you can bring them both to the saw shop for repair in a day or two.;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Make that three people, Cory. Successfully put everything back where it belongs this afternoon and the saw runs fine. Thanks for the pep talk Jed, definitely just German tinkertoys.

Damn. Maybe you should try your hand at cold fusion.

Glad you got it running.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since I couldn't find the pics of a 201 handle, I took some this afternoon. Shots are of my non dropped 201.

201T handle.jpg

Switch and trigger.jpg

rear linkage.jpg

Carb attach.jpg

Doesn't even look so bad from the pics, but you know how it all starts to fall out of there when you mess with it??

Still got a lot of snow up there, Ruel??

I've put back together three 200/020 handle guts...geez guys if the girl can do it, get on with it!
Somewhere on a thread here mastermind put some great pictures of the 200/020 handle, you really do need to work with pictures to get all those bits in the right place!

It's very doable, like a 3D jigsaw puzzle, and there aren't so many parts in that.
Just one trick : don't try to operate the throttle (to see if it works properly) before closing completely the handle, or it will fall apart and you have to do it again. At least with the 200T.

Have they worked the bugs out of the 540xp? Heard they have their own set of problems

Man, maybe wait till I get some miles on this pig before you drop all that $ on one, because, I'm just over the moon about it. Obviously, the big hairy-scary is the microprocessor, but the thing pulls 37.7 cc's, and the 201 is 35.2. The 540 is a solid two and a half horse power while the gutless pig of a 201 is only 2.41. I actually timed it in big wood against my modded 201, and it beat the Stihl, by a full second (in stock form) every time.

Now having boasted about all of that, I will say this: the 540 is THE most cold-blooded saw I've ever run in my entire life. I predict that the ground guys will hate it, because you can't just snap up the saw to make a couple of cuts without choking it. But other than that, man, that pig is a dream. Awesome AV, no silly flippy caps, way better ergo. O.k.... maybe the gas tank might seem a bit small, if you're used to Stihl top handles.

I can't wait till the boys at the shop try to give me a hard time over it, cause I'll just make them sharpen their stupid 201's, and them beat them silly, in a good, old-fashioned redneck cookie-cutter.

Back