Pull-Out Rope

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 5K
It's quite small. I wasn't sure if you have a larger original, so I enlarged it for you and enhanced a bit. Lose sharpness when enlarging.

Attachments

73.6 KB · Views: 45
I always used 9/16" Stable Braid, ~40' pieces, bought off WesSpur's remnants page. And It'll do better if you don't tie a running bowline, but only a bowline. I'd pull as much slack as I could and cinch the bowline reasonably tight as I set it. That way it won't cinch any tighter, distorting the load, but simply pull/slide the load straight out of the trailer.

And It'll do better if you don't tie a running bowline, but only a bowline. I'd pull as much slack as I could and cinch the bowline reasonably tight as I set it. That way it won't cinch any tighter, distorting the load, but simply pull/slide the load straight out of the trailer.

That's an interesting idea, to not distort the load....thanks for the tip.

Here's how I used to do it:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p9Hbxy3sQ_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It worked pretty good til one of my neighbors bitched to the county about the smoke.

Yeah, that burn pile was the last...one of my asshole neighbors called the missoula county airshed nazi's, and they shut me down, so I bought a chipper. I wish I could still burn, because I have a fancypants dump trailer now. That method in my video worked really well for a shoestring budget.

Old climbing line seems to have worked fine;
might look at strategy and what are fighting that much and try finesse not force?.
About 5x trailer length of line,
Can start with rope ends tied to rear of trailer/fairly wide; then traced up empty trailer, into tongue.
load branches etc. into trailer/payload.
going to fold bight of rope back over load to rear for emptying
if have pegs in front of trailer can lock off line and then use unload line to tie down bight/ load at rear.
get to dump site, undo front pegs and top rear tie off of bight and take bight to
other truck or tie bight to tree and pull forward hard with trailer for 1 man show.
This is getting a ruff, rolling 2/1, but the full length of trailer needs pulled.
The longer the trailer the more likely ropes to come out sides, so can have line across bottom lines midway to help...
Even better i found is perhaps opposite strategy:
trailer no sides, perfectly stacked branches across, pulling across trailer to empty.
bottom layers all stobs 1 way very pretty, no mid cuts, nice solid, leverage-able base
after good base build higher but can cut down middle/preserve bottom
then top off solid branches across.
Use ratchet webbing straps, CROSSED X lengthwise so, if load tries to slip, strap tightens, not loosens!
Well trimmed , strapped trailer of brush, looks like a box car going down road.
At dump site, get pulling truck 90 degrees from trailer, headed away, on the opposite side of the low stobbs layer,
rope over top, bight under the bottom stop layer, and pull truck pulls both ends to :
flip load off across short axis of trailer, rather than long axis.
Flip off right next to trailer, more predictably.
not a 2/1 rope pull, but going for a flip off the trailer, a leveraged move.
If get some hang, pull trailer out, really best to have 2 trucks(each can have trailer) to stabilize trailer

and be able to pull load too.
There is a whole 'martial art' to stacking and locking down branches, stomp down between layers.
Okay, so our county dump stretches from road miles across, tree limb stuff in back, weigh in/out /fee
they then sell the wood to a company on that back side acres who stretches to the next county road.
They buy the tires and wood from dump, to grind/mix to burn for power to sell to the city, that has their own power company anyway.

Can you get a permit for burning?

Sorry, pard, I haven't been on for a bit. I had a burn permit, but I guess I didn't read the fine print where it said that I could not burn brush that had been generated off site.

Back