In The News...

We had pretty good markets then Canada flooded the market.

They are still flooding the market....they have to be loosing money just like us.

Had Canada finished getting their packing project done when mad coals shut down the border they would be in great shape today.

Our packers are just as shitty to you Canucks as they are to us Yanks.

A quick Google on Canadian pork exports should clear up the mystery there.

Canada lists as the tenth largest pork exporter in the world. You sure there's no Chinese pork around Steve?

Canada is known as a fair trader. It's proven out time and time again. Say in the example of softwood. This is the 2nd or 3rd time we will probably go to international court over softwood. And each time Canada has been absolved of any wrong doing.

So it is a bit disparaging to me to here people say Canada wrecked our 'insert industry'. Maybe cast the first stone at your own government?

Canada didn't wreck our pork industry, subsidized pork from Denmark, The Netherlands and the US did though.

Most bacon sold in butcher shops here is Canadian, most people don't know that. It's because it's mostly bigger than local stuff, and cheaper.

Packaged bacon is mostly either from Denmark or made here from imported product, then sometimes marked as Made in Australia. Still a fair bit of Aussie stuff around but you have to look for it. About 70% is imported, only about 1/3rd of pig farmers now compared to ten years ago.

That's the trouble with production ag. The subsidies may go away, because everybody hates subsidies, but the bad trade deals and market manipulation by the govt never go away.

My father in law is getting frig all for his lambs in New Zealand, but it's a premium product on the shelves here.

I don't know or care who gives us a thumbs up or not. It seems hard for me to believe that Canada can be subsidizing all of its industries, forcing all other nations to trade unfairly with us, and still providing one of the highest qualities of living in the world?

Where's the money coming from? Who makes the deals?

One of the facts that's hard to ignore is we have a huge abundance of natural resources to indulge in.

Also of interest to me in this softwood stuff. What's come to light for me is while you guys produce slightly more of your lumber than we do. A lot of that lumber you guys produce is still done with our logs. In the news here one of the 'retaliatory' moves Canada could make is to charge a tariff on raw log exports to the USA.

It's started Justin, next thing Trudeau will be portrayed as a tyrant, they'll say you have hidden stores of Maple syrup stockpiled in Quebec or something....shock and awe over Montreal.:lol:

I could imagine so, must be a bad way to go.

At first I heard it was a gas heater and a mistake was made somehow by the homeowner. Apparently now there is a question if the gas company was somehow responsible. I lived in that neighborhood a few years ago.

Could be.

Knowing our local gas man, I would be surprised. He is a by the book master.

Although sometimes we get sent into a house with full ppe and scba to check for leaks.

It always makes me nervous to do that, no way you would make it out alive. That's why we are paid so well I guess.:|:

Possibly leaking nat gas from the well, horrible way to go. When i was an apprentice they had a steamfitter from Pittsburgh i believe come talk to us about natural gas safety. He had been burned over 80 % of his body from a natural gas explosion, but he was only in his early 20s, so he was strong enough to survive. He went into vivid detail on how they had to put him in a bath everyday and cut off scar tissue, with no anesthesia because it would drop his heart rate too low and he would die. For months. And then all the surgeries. One tough sob. Anyways he also told the story when he went to the bank all bandaged up, and the bank teller tried to give him the whole drawer because she thought he was robbing the bank. When the cops got there they felt so bad for him and calmed everyone down, so him and his buddies went and hit every bank in town the same way hahahahahaha :D. Wish i could have had a few beers with him, despite all the terrible shit he went through he had the most uplifting personality, and everyone in the room was naturally drawn to him.

We Could Have Done This!

It pisses me off not a word was mentioned about how she got out on the hook.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k4PlaqYvEas?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MOAR!

Arrested for mischief doesn't quite complete the story. If she slid down the cable, it seems like she'd be dirty, but it doesn't appear so in the photos or vid of her being led away.

Back