The Official Work Pictures Thread

A few from the token female...Long elm branch over a heritage listed building.

Attachments

• DSC02091.jpg
    DSC02091.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC02094.jpg
    DSC02094.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02097.jpg
    DSC02097.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 45
Yes, zipping small bits, till I got back further over the roof, then cut and lower.

Lots of good work being posted up. Keep them coming. I haven?t had my phone on me to get any pics for a while.
A ?work? pic from yesterday.
01C799DF-9953-4928-9E8F-DC049DABE773.jpg
Two hours spent getting the salt off of my truck. :X

Brendon are you familiar with ceramic coatings on cars to protect paint? When done by a detailer the costs can be $800 or into the thousands. I think the product is less than $100 for a car or truck.

I was thinking you would be just the person with enough patients to do it yourself.

Lately, nothing lol

Taking january off so i can finish polishing up my upstairs and loose odds and ends so we can put house on market asap. Ill start my dormant pruning come february, then thatll lead into the yearly grind. Same ol regular tree work tho, and the yearly winter fabrication project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 77
...Raking is fun only for a very short while.

Awsome therapy for the autistic. :|:

Kenny... super rad pics. That's gotta be the biggest Oak I've ever seen im my life.

Fiona: Looks like a cool job, well done.

Cory/Paul: I'll try to get some more pics/specs on that very impressive pig. Don't know the tonnage, but I'm thinking that it's not all that great. i CAN tell you that that thing SUCKS to drive. It's got a 10 gear Eaton Fuller tranny. :X It's over 48,000 lbs. I can barely legally drive it with my class B. The freakin thing has a HUGE wheelbase. I actually got it hung up in the freakin ditch on my first day driving it. Jake had to drive all the way back to show me how to throw it into all wheel drive! It crawled right out! That freakin thing man... it's got three duelies in the back (twelve total tires in the back) which you can lock all together. Man, that things heavy though.

2 half finished jobs. The one I put on hold because I didn’t want to work in the snow and the other was declared an emergency by the homeowner. I should finish it tomorrow. The maple in the picture had 3 large splits in it. The homeowner put a come along in it down low and wrapped a chain around it. I put a large strap and come along up higher so I could start knocking some weight out of it on the house side. Worked on it until it was to dark to see...

A75D766C-1C22-4C95-A8FA-8682A21C92E1.jpg

122518EE-DA4C-454A-8BD4-C8C7F64BB56A.jpg

A trucker strap, a bit higher, will suck it right up.

Trucker straps around the trunk will help a lot, too. Several wraps adds strength...the buckle won't be any stronger but the friction wraps of nylon on nylon will hold extra, however they won't allow you to suck the trunk closed any more.

Back