Rule Number One (Climber Down)

Done to your recovery Jimmy may it be speedy without complications!

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw Jimmy Friday. He's doing pretty well considering his accident. It was a busy day there, so we just talked mostly. Another close friend stopped in yesterday and helped with a little walking. Day by day!

image.jpg

Guys I'm sorry for only joining in now! I forgot Bud had started the thread.

First off, thank you all so much for the support and encouragement! Since my accident, I have had tremendous support from around the country. It's really unbelievable and so so appreciated, I can't tell you. Thank you all!

This climb was my first removal using an srt system. I have done a small amount of pruning from a basal tie and a fair amount of rec climbing with different srt systems and setups.
I am always really good about being tied in twice while making a chainsaw cut. Over 90% of the time for sure. I was having a good climb and an efficient removal. Laying here I still can't believe it happened. I don't know what happened. I am just not used to having a static line running up the stem. I think I just went to cut off a small branch (like an inch or two) and just straight up wasn't thinking. And didn't have the srt experience to know to switch to a canopy anchors (even though I do know to do that)
Like I said, this while thing is surreal and I can't believe it happened!
But I can promise from now on, I will be bucked in while making every chainsaw cut from now on!
I'm typing this from my phone and I'm tired so hopefully there aren't any typos and my reply makes sense.
THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!
I'm sure I'll have more to add on this and other things tomorrow.

~Jim

Good Luck, Jim. Keep us in the loop. Wishing you the best recovery possible.

Tie in twice, with any saw. A handsaw will cut a tensioned line like a hot knife through butter. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a4QSQOCZ-w4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funny thing about that vid was that for the first rope (the one he was trying sell) the whacks he gave it with the silky were horizontal whereas on the green rope he tried to come down at an angle more which would naturally cause more tears.

Not saying it's not better or anything but you know, just saying.

Ps get well soon jimmy, when I broke my ribs after a fall I found the forums helped pass the time and kept me in the loop as it were.

Thanks for posting Jimmy, praying for your complete recovery!

Just having all this out there is going to help keep someone else safe, so glad you are alive to tell the tale :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, the powers that rule have decided to boot Jimmy from the hospital based on no Ins. This also means no rehab at all until the ins is approved, maybe first week of July. That puts him at his apartment with no help unable to walk or cook. This country is so frigged. He has a few friends that live close that are going to try and help, but it is no match for continuous care. Good Luck Bro.

Ah crap. Hope things work out. Up here we have the same problems, "Go heal yourself, got money? Oh well then, happy to be of service".

Back