The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Two Jays now!!!

1267527853_old_guy_going_crazy.gif

Just saying hello for my first post. Recreational Arborist.... Been climbing for about 2 months and starting my forray into SRT. Stopped in at Arborist Supply in PA on a trip and got set up with the basics. Started with a Cougar and 150 ' of New England Hy Vee and good old Blake's.

Right on! Welcome Bman and Jay!

Where is your screen name Derived from Broncman? Just curious mang 😬

Welcome to the TreeHouse! What's your first name? My name's Butch!

I can fix you up with an avatar if you can't cypher it. Just post a pic...

Hello everyone,

I thought I should probably do the introduction thing here instead of just lurking about.

My name is Paul – age 62 - and I live in central Wisconsin. No climbing for this guy. Never cared much for heights so I’m much happier looking up at the tree rather than down from the top of it…lol

Not a pro by any means - but have been cutting firewood for many years. We live in the country and use wood as a supplemental heat source for our home. Also, in recent years the men’s group at our church has been cutting firewood at a youth camp each fall and I’ve become quite involved in the planning and safety training aspect of that event.

That’s how I became aware of the Treehouse site... Luke from TreeStuff has been working with our group for the past several years to help insure that we have the proper safety gear and other necessary supplies for our camp woodcutting events. Thank you Luke and TreeStuff!

It’s great to have this site as a resource for learning the correct way (safe way) to handle different situations that we may run into. For our group – that also means knowing when to pass on some trees.

So there you go –

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to the TH Paul!

There's plenty of good info here from some very knowledgeable people.

Enjoy, and glad to have you aboard!

Yah. That's supe cool work to do for your church/community. Awesome that Treestuff/Luke helps with that. Kudos to you and him.

Back