How'd it go today?

Sliced and diced a hundred foot shagbark.Couple of cords,several saw logs.Plumb tuckered out.Pics tomorrow and a thread about disassembling a ground fall or in this case,a windfall.No biggie just a heads up for the casual saw user .

I built an enclosed lean-to outside my shop to house my air compressor. Dang thing is impossibly loud, louder than running a chainsaw inside the shop. So I gathered up some old, warped lumber and a leftover sheet of siding and managed to throw together something halfway acceptable. Needs a coat of paint to match the shop and some trim to hide the ugly corners. It's nice and quiet in the shop now, and not very loud at all in the yard (or neighbor's yards).

if there is room between studs you could throw a few bats of pink insulation in to kill the sound even further I bet. if you wanted to spend a few more bucks. I am guessing its bolted down or behind a locked door now?

Actually I had a half roll of insulation which I used on the 2 sides. It's only 2' deep, 3' wide and 4' tall. No lock but it would need to be disassembled to get the compressor out. I have an access door on the front to get to the switch, plug, hose connection, etc. and a small trap door near the bottom to reach the tank drain valve. Fast and dirty but it will work and it doesn't look half as ugly as I expected.

shot a 101 today. I had to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather.

Not a great round, but I still had fun.

I woke up with no water today and have been having fun ever since.
-20c here and the breaker in my pumphouse blew. No light, no heater = frozen solid pump and pressure tank and lines and everything. Split atleast one line (from the pump to the pressure tank) and I'm starting to think my pump housing must be cracked as well now. Ain't winter grand.

Broke the first window of my life, amazed at how quiet it was.

This was a hysterical post. Still laughin' my butt off !!!

Squisher, you live too far north, brutha. Wow. Frozen pipes before December ? Brrr!!!
:O

I woke up with no water today and have been having fun ever since.
-20c here and the breaker in my pumphouse blew. No light, no heater = frozen solid pump and pressure tank and lines and everything. Split atleast one line (from the pump to the pressure tank) and I'm starting to think my pump housing must be cracked as well now. Ain't winter grand.

That sucks! It was -29C here this moning (got up to a high of -25C by the afternoon), with a wind chill of -43C, some cold across western Canada right now eh. Much of the same for tommorrow. I hope your pump housing ain't cracked, that might cost a couple bucks if it's a large pump.

It's not a real expensive pump and we have a local company that could put a new housing on it for me I think for reasonable it's just working on this whole nightmare set-up in these temperatures. I usually run a light and an electric heater in there and that keeps everything good all winter. I've got that pumpouse just a cooking right now with the electric heater and a propane heater and can't seem to get the sh-t thawed out. I've been messing with this most of the day as much as possible as I entertain my two-year old while my wife's at work.
:whine:

I'm trying real hard not to turn on my A/C tonight. Still 79* in the house but cooler outside. Unfortunately it's also raining so the humidity makes opening all the windows a sticky proposition.

Squisher, I'm real sorry about your frozen pump. I'd rather be too hot than too cold any time. It's easy to whine about heat but you can always cool off with a 5 minute shower. When you're cold, it goes deep and takes hours to fully warm up again.
:whine:

Must be real cold there, Craig, to have them PENGUINS in the background.

Craig, whycome you only opened HALF the hot tub man? but it looks like more fun than stomping around in the cold, thats for sure.

Squish. wow, hope it works out ok for you, pumps and lines fixing usually isnt cheap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I removed the failed other half of this tree about a year ago and I remember thinking "Man! That side of the tree is gonna fall on that house!" The guy was only paying for removing the failed half off his garage.
Well today we removed that remaining side. I couldn't believe that it hadn't already fallen over. Unbelievable! I wouldn't climb it and rig it down, no way. It was easy with the crane.

would be nice to see a cross section through that big wound MB! any chance you might have a pic of that?

no worries. if'n you do see other stuff like that, I would love to see pics of the interior. :)

Water's on 8) . Minimal damage one little repair on the waterline and my pump seems a little slower probably damaged the impeller so time will tell. But all works and the family is happy:) .

Back