The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
Interesting.
That list is nowhere alike to the breds that are blacklisted ( As in outlawed) here.

I went on a long trip to look at a one year old Czechoslovakian wolf dog last weekend.
Owner had to move into an apartment and wanted to find a good home for it.
Figuring that I somewhat qualified for that, I went visiting and took the mutts along.
Nice dog but WAY to timid for my use.
So timid, in fact, that I think they'll have a hard time giving it away.

It's getting harder to find homeowners insurance that will cover you if you own one of the 15 blacklisted dogs...shelters are full of them now.
Pit Bull Terriers
Staffordshire Terriers
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Presa Canarios
Chows Chows
Doberman Pinschers
Akitas
Wolf-hybrids
Mastiffs
Cane Corsos
Great Danes
Alaskan Malamutes
Siberian Huskies

Shame, macho twats wanting unsuitable animals.

4 of those aren't unsuitable IMO.

Care to take a guess at what breed causes the most bites to kids in Denmark?
In order to register as a bite ( And be possible cause for the dog to be "put down" aka killed, it has to cause sutures).

Levi, they can also be very loving, and wonderful guard dogs. It's mostly how they are raised.

Sitg, dachshund maybe? 2nd guess goes to pomeranian. I'd throw in Yorkie except for the stitches part

Chihuahuas are the No.1 biters in the US.

Dire wolves eat their victims, Mick.
So they never get found out.
I bet one could live in Copenhagen for years,undetected, if it simply stuck to eating Romanian beggars, since NO-ONE would ever miss those.

Nope, it is the kind and gentle Golden retriever.
Because people can't figure out to tell their stupid kids to stop bothering Goldie, and eventually Goldie does what anyone with wolf ancestors will do in a sitiation like that and what wolves ( And my dogs) do to annoying youngsters of the canine persuation.
Nip them!

Unfortunately human skin is less resistant to nips and kids are face high to Goldie.

Exit Goldie.

For some obscure reason, the stupid parents never get the needle.

I've told the story before but.....

As a child I ran to my mother.
"Mum the dog bit me!" (A jack Russell in this case)
My mum; "Good for him, now leave the fecker in peace"

Makes perfect sense. There are a lot of GRs in homes as it is a very popular breed.

We got told as kids by our dog many times when we crossed the line:lol: Brittany Spaniel/Collie mix. She was good at not breaking the skin too soften though;)

The stats are all whacky on "pit bulls" as they have about five different breeds lumped into the group and treat them as one breed. If it weren't for the snout, the haters would have BTs in the mix as well.

That would have been a good guess.

Too bad the stats on dog bites don't include how many are human error/fault. I'm convinced it is the majority of the incidents.

90% at least.
Probably more, depending on our defination of "Human error"

If we define it right, even those two idiotss who tried to break into my car 2 years ago in the middle of the night at the end of a quarter mile private dirt road, and probably still have two a-holes each, thanks to Sam, would fall under that category.:lol:

Snapped a few of Otis today; having his daily off-leash outside time . Found a toy he can't destroy:/:

Attachments

• DSCF1291.jpg
    DSCF1291.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1323.jpg
    DSCF1323.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF1328.jpg
    DSCF1328.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF1334.jpg
    DSCF1334.jpg