The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
I can't imagine why you don't - unless you've become like me.

I just can't handle the loss. It's odd how I don't feel that with cats, though.

Not completely like you, Butch. We'll have another dog I am sure.

But like you in that it is emotionally draining to loose a great friend and companion, and it always has taken us some significant time to be ready for another.

For me, it's just the opposite. The only way to reduce the hurt is to get another dog and even better, get that dog a couple years before you lose the first one.

But that's just me...

We lost Charlie in January, very sad, many many tears shed, and in mid May (after a holiday) we got Igor the Bastard, and we love him, and I hope it?s mutual.

Attachments

• A5940191-BDCE-45B9-967D-AF953E641137.jpeg
    A5940191-BDCE-45B9-967D-AF953E641137.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 48
He has probably loved you ever since you helped him beat that Airedale up.

Ha ha! Got him back from the kennels today after the trip.

I hate putting him in there, and he’ll have to go back in at Christmas as the wife’s aged parents require visiting.

Part of being an ex pat.

Or being married to one.

I have the same problem when I go to Schweiz.

Fortunately I can drop the old dog with my x-wife, who misses him and the two youn ones with Richard, my partner.

Well I'm thinking of putting an ad up to stud out my bigguy Tanky? My other big fella Thunder is entering his end game. Mostly deaf and blind, I hope he makes the winter and has another summer.

I've never done anything like this before so I imagine a classified ad and just ask for pick of the litter as payment for his 'services'. I'll be curious of it goes anywhere? I'd sure like to continue with a direct descendant of this guy, instead of just random new blood.

I also can't really transport him. I'll need someone willing to bring their bitch here. Tanky gets car sick 100% guaranteed anytime he's in a moving vehicle.

Worth a shot I think?

So you're going to become a dog breeder...:/: that's awkward :lol:

Sorry man I couldn't help it. Good luck, I hope it's a money maker.

So ,just to be devil's advocate, your add is going to state that your dog can't travel in a vehicle. I would love a litter like that:lol:

I was referencing Squisher ,who stated in an advertisement for basically offering up his dogs genes, that said dog has what in my opinion is a 100% no no. I would never want a dog that couldn't roll with me. I don't know either way about this being a hereditary trait or not but I wouldn't risk it. Could be the most chill freakin awesome dog at home but wouldn't matter when I'm hardly ever there.

Capish ??

That's funny BlasterMaster!!!

He has his own backpack but I have to pack his new sleeping bag... I guess he's as soft as I am when it comes to sleeping in the cold.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

I was referencing Squisher ,who stated in an advertisement for basically offering up his dogs genes, that said dog has what in my opinion is a 100% no no. I would never want a dog that couldn't roll with me. I don't know either way about this being a hereditary trait or not but I wouldn't risk it. Could be the most chill freakin awesome dog at home but wouldn't matter when I'm hardly ever there.

Capish ??

Different strokes. My dogs never leave the property. Well except for the mutt in question Tanky. He may have wandered off for a night? Orrrr aliens.

I tried a quick look around the net. Didn't find anything conclusive about whether motion sickness is a inherited trait or not? Most info I found about dogs attributes it to anxiety. Poor tanky must get anxious if I throw him in a truck.

Otis at 3...been with me for two years this week.
seems to think it's necessary to steal boots & shoes whenever I pick up the car keys...guess he doesn't want forgotten.

Attachments

• DSCF1470.jpg
    DSCF1470.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1471.jpg
    DSCF1471.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 23
Back