• Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
Lost me there, Butch.
Like, totally.

Care to try again.

Who are human?

Refugees or werewolves?

Tough day today, we've got some friends out here, well into their eighties now, always been healthy but all of a sudden the husband has developed a tumour next to his pancreas.
So he's very unwell and their 12 year old Labrador has done the old paralyséd back leg thing, so I've got to take her to the vets this morning, it's been coming for a week or two apparently.
Bad timing for them. That dog has been a real companion for them both.

Good luck with that Mick. How does the health care system work for you guys there, is it free to you or do you have to cary insurance ?

For humans it free, although obviously we all pay a set sum from our incomes.

I think you guys call it single payer.

All went well, I think I cried more than the lady owner!

He's a really happy pup. Not too nervous about the older dogs, which is typically how a new pup is. The older dogs aren't too thrilled, yet. He just needs a name.

Igor the bastard attacked another dog today, all my fault, we were walking on the beach and this big Airedale is sitting there, so I have an extendable lead and allow him to approach, he's normally as good as gold, bit frisky but easy enough to pull off.

In a flash it all kicks off and I jump in to separate them, pull the Airedale of Igor who gets hold of his foot and damages it a bit. I've got two bit fingers for my pains. Igor is fine, the friggin' little psycho.

That sucks. Any sign of finger infection?

Can be very bad in a hand... So many layers of tissue, the doc told me after the last dog fight I broke up, 15 years ago.

I phoned the doc up, as it was a Sunday and we're on holiday by the coast and told him my last tetanus was 8 years ago.

He said not to worry, they can be effective much longer, anyway Friday now and no issues, here's me and the bastard enjoying coffee after a (non combative) stroll on the beach.

Thanks for putting the picture right Butch.

Back