The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
There's something about blatant homosexuality that's self defeating IMO Butch.

Sorta like being dragged kicking n screamin to a gay pride parade....

Jomo

What a day!!!

So over the last few days I've been talking to a refuge in Cognac about a Fox Terrier.

Likes cars apparently so could conceivably come to work with me like the late Charlie.
We went off today to see him and bring him home. They were a bit concerned about the lack of fencing around the garden but didnt want to let it stand in the way of a new home.

The trip back was an hour and Igor was as good as gold, if a bit smelly.

When we got back my wife told me to put him on the lead before letting him out of the car but I thought he seemed ok and out he hopped.....and ran off! Out the gate and over the fields.

I chased him for 3 miles or so but as soon as I got close, off he'd run, so I had to go back get the van and look for him like that, no joy.

I contacted all the Facebook sites, local centres etc. Had a cup of tea and prepared to go back out.

Then he appeared at the door! My wife had to charm him onto a lead cos he was still scared of me.

He's settling in now thank god, can you imagine the shame of getting a dog from the refuge and then losing him for good the same day.

Bath day tomorrow, but I don't want to spook him yet, he's settled at my feet.

Attachments

• IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Igor 2.jpg
    Igor 2.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 21
More like an example of which sex is wiser, eh Mick?

Igor's a fine lookin fellow!

Jomo

Usually with an Irish accent, inadvertently mimicking my father.

He loves chicken pieces from a pie. Don't think he's ever eaten anything like it.

Just a couple of pieces to show him what we have to offer.

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 21
Cool dog! Is that as big as he'll get? Your house also looks very nice, I like the masonry.

Yes he's fully grown, he'll have to come with me every day in the van, so he had to be A. Not too big B. Not too threatening.

It's called pierre apparente, which means, visible stone. The houses are just built with the stones they find in the fields.

Back