The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 287K
I've had the best luck finding them by searching up wind...Hope you find him soon and in good order Justin...

Bad news, try and figure out which way he’s likely to go, and follow that first.

What I mean is, when you took him for walks did you go left or right?

I’ve done many dog searches, you have to start somewhere.

Honestly Mick it's been over five years since he set a paw off the property. We walk around our field or up and down the driveway. We touched base with a few neighbours before it got to late last night. Drove around in vehicles, on quad, and on foot for ours. The kid, wife, and I. No sign of him.

I even took the other big guy Thunder and walked him on a lead up and down and all over all our local roads, easily farther than either dog would've ever previously chosen to walk. These dogs are lazy. You make to many loops of the field and they just bow out and go lie on the porch.

Also you could hear that there was no commotion(s) in the neighbourhood last night. No neighbour dogs barking or anything.

As I said if he isn't at the pound when I ring them at nine I'm going door to door working my way further and further out.

I do fear a bit that someone scooped him up maybe. It would've had to have been crazy timing. But it's as if he disappeared

Both my big guys are thoroughly and well trained on the home command. Despite never leaving the property from out in the field or anywhere I can simply point and say 'home' and both dogs head straight for the porch or the kennel. Tank is also the better listener of the two because thunder is mostly deaf now.

If anyone had simply hollered at him to 'go home' he'd know what that means. It's why I train that way. Just in case.

He's either at the pound, been captured by a well meaning neighbour who somehow didn't notice/hear my kid, wife, or I last night, stolen by a scumbag, or dropped dead somewhere where I haven't found him yet. I don't think he has been hit by a vehicle. For one he'd cause some damage and for two I've searched all the local roadways quite thoroughly.

It's somewhat common people stealing dogs. I hear about it in the newsfeeds. Apparently earlier yesterday three dogs were stolen about a hour away by a 'white van'.

I don't think that's what happened. I sure hope not. It's gotta be jail time for him. For the same reason you mentioned(fierce looking mongrel) I can't see anyone having brought him into their house or nothing.

No collar, tags, license nothing. If he is at the pound they are going to have a hay day with me. $$$$

Had collars with name/number up to about three or four years ago. Seemed pointless so took them off, not so much now though. :(

He is a super friendly guy though. Especially I could see if he's off the property with no family or home to protect I'd imagine he'd do anything for a snuggle or a Scooby snack.

He's ultra attached to me. Single mindedly so, always at my side. I had to tell him to go walk with his momma last night otherwise he wouldn't of gone. He'd have stayed with me. So clingy sometimes he annoys me. Last thing I said to him was 'go have some fun with your momma, go , go'. He wanted, as always, to just stay with me.

Thanks. I appreciate the positive thoughts.

GottA be the pound. Most of our neighbours wouldn't even know we have these big dogs(besides the people we know obviously) because they never leave the property. I'm guessing he wandered? Was lured out by something that caught his attention and the first person/people to come across him called the pound. No tags and a mongrel like he is, most people are quite fearful of him when they stop by. Like won't even get out of the vehicle scared.

Great news my friends! I just let him in the back door. No idea on the where, when, or why. But my furry buddy is home safe and sound. No signs of fighting or any blood on him so that's good. Hopefully he didn't knock up someone's purebred or something. I'll probably never know what happened, but lesson learned. Collars and tags go back on today.

What a stress. Thanks for letting me vent, helped me deal with it.

He smells like dirt, no adrenaline or stress smell to him and he's fairly dry considering it pounded rain all night. I'm thinking he got home in the middle of the night sometime and has been sleeping in his doghouse in his kennel.

LfYRi8h.gif

Good news, when Igor/Charlie run off then come back hours later my wife would say “why don’t you tell them off?”

You can’t can you? Too bloody pleased to see them!

Why would you punish them for coming home? sends the wrong message...

Great that he's back Justin!

Whew!
Good ending.
I just came home from work and read this ( Time difference).
You sure had me worried.

Back