The RIP Thread...

I've seen people suffer to unexplainable extremes because of their great successes......

Robin Williams never tried to hide the fact that he suffered from the disease of addiction. As a member of Narcotics Anonymous I understand that disease.

"As we begin the understand this disease in ourselves, will will learn to have empathy for others that suffer with it".

Rest in peace Robin.

I don't believe any of us have the right to decide who is justified and not justified in killing themselves. Being wealthy and famous does not mean your life is good. As people, we all have emotions. You cant buy your way out of misery and depression. None of us on this forum have the first clue what that man was dealing with inside. Maybe it was petty by our standards, or maybe he was battling something darker and deeper then any of us have ever faced.

I guess I was a 'lil hard on the Beaver, but still... he had the ways and means to get himself the best treatment money could buy. Most people don't have that luxury. And Gordon's right... in his position, it was a bit on the selfish side.

Sometimes there is no treatment. Like I said, those that don't understand, never will. He could have been institutionalized and drugged for the rest of his life. That would have kept his body alive, but not his mind. That may have been what he feared.

Some reporter in Germany asked Robin why Germany was not known for it's comedy. He replied, "Well, you killed all your funny people". A funny and could be poignant man.....sad.

Many times, as I've personally found out, the meds and Dr's can make things a LOT worse! I'm still dealing with effects from drugs I took over 15yrs ago! Fluorescent lights give me migranes, shrinks that are in it just to push drugs, without understand the patient or what's really going on, much less the side effects of said drugs, suck! Read the labels on some of these meds sometime! The side effects are worse than dealing with the disease. Look at the number of people that have killed themselves using Chantix to quit stop smoking, or my personal favorite, Paxil, they had to quit giving it to people under 18 because the suicide rate was so high with it in the lower age groups! It certainly made my situation a lot worse and after begging and pleading to get off of it, they finally got the hint the second week of me calling daily!
After a lifetime of dealing with depression, the stupid Drs that have no clue what they are doing or why and side effects of the meds, well, I'm not going to say suicide is right or wrong, but I can certainly understand and respect someone that had to make that choice! It's easy to judge, but until you've lived it, I don't think anyone can truly understand how bad it gets.

Many times, as I've personally found out, the meds and Dr's can make things a LOT worse! I'm still dealing with effects from drugs I took over 15yrs ago! Fluorescent lights give me migranes, shrinks that are in it just to push drugs, without understand the patient or what's really going on, much less the side effects of said drugs, suck! Read the labels on some of these meds sometime! The side effects are worse than dealing with the disease. Look at the number of people that have killed themselves using Chantix to quit stop smoking, or my personal favorite, Paxil, they had to quit giving it to people under 18 because the suicide rate was so high with it in the lower age groups! It certainly made my situation a lot worse and after begging and pleading to get off of it, they finally got the hint the second week of me calling daily!
After a lifetime of dealing with depression, the stupid Drs that have no clue what they are doing or why and side effects of the meds, well, I'm not going to say suicide is right or wrong, but I can certainly understand and respect someone that had to make that choice! It's easy to judge, but until you've lived it, I don't think anyone can truly understand how bad it gets.

Why on earth would you beg them to get off of a medicine like that? Just stop taking it.

You can taper down with or without their blessing is what I meant. I had a bad reaction to Chantix awhile back.

You can taper down with or without their blessing is what I meant. I had a bad reaction to Chantix awhile back.

Fair enough, but without knowing how much and how long, it's a crap shoot! I figured they'd put me on it, it was their bitch! I wanted to quit it instantly, but they argued with that method.

Did you guys see the crash where the unfortunate young fellow, Kevin Ward, was racing, Tony Stewart forced him into the wall and then after he exited his car to confront Stewart, Stewart coming around again hit and killed him. I suspect certainly unintentional on the killing, but did Stewart intentionally put him into the wall? The young fellow's dad says he did, and it lead to his son's death. I don't know much about racing, but can you see someone coming up behind you and starting to pass on the outside? Are there mirrors in those cars? Is that an intentional force into the wall? Here is a vid:

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/10/vide...fter-crash-is-hit-and-killed-by-tony-stewart/

It's so hard to see it's a hard call, Jay. Most people say Tony did a clean "slide job" on Ward. Meaning it was a clean pass but the kid spun the car on his own after the pass.
Then a lot of people are wound up that you can hear Tony hit the throttle before he hit Ward. I've talked to a lot of people, those cars don't turn without throttle.
Am I a Stewart fan, nope! He'd put you in the wall or the grass in a second if he thought it would help him! I honestly don't like the man, but I certainly don't think he meant any physical harm.
The two scenarios I've worked out,
1) Tony was so close to the car ahead of him and the track was so dark, Tony dove hard, maybe too hard, to avoid him but still clipped him.
2) Ward was being a prick trying to get in Tony's face, Tony wanted to make a point and misjudged how close award was, clipping him by accident when he meant to cover him with mudd.
Reading and talking to people, I lean more towards 1. Many short track racers say go in your back yard, till it up and drive around under a full moon, that's most short tracks.
I don't know, and it sure sucks, as well as leaving a black eye on racing. But honestly, Ward shouldn't haven't gotten out of his car, much less walked down into the groove on such a low lite track.
Slice it anyway, it sucks!

Good evaluation, Andy. I don't know about forcing into the wall, I guess it is not really cool but happens frequently. My thought is that Stewart may not have even seen him coming around, but he sure did move higher on the track as Ward did. I think hitting the young man, was in the heat of racing activity, not intentional.. A buzz....hmmmm. Other drivers say that Ward was clearly visible walking on the track,. Only Stewart knows what really happened. Yes, very unfortunate.

I just watched a video showing Ward grabbing for Stewarts wing and hanging on as Stewart went by.
He should never have been on the track.

Back