The RIP Thread...

That's a cute cat!!

Bummer, Mastermind. Those first few days are always miserable, imo

My dog was 16, too. Most of ya'll know, but some noobs don't - I had a pet squirrel for 12 years. He stayed in my living room in a big cage I built. He could take a sunflower seed from between my teeth and did a mean Mr. T impersonation! He was my nutty buddy!

Sorry to hear about your kitty Butch. It's always tough to lose one. Tough on the other cat as well I'm sure.

Sorry about your kitty, Butch. I had a gray cat for 18 years. She was my best friend. She's been gone 10 years and I still miss her.

Always harsh to loose a pet Butch - sharing a lifetime with them is a privilege & time will remind you of the best bits.

I could never be without pets (I just have a dog now), but I would replace what I lost because I love sharing my life with them

I can't imagine how anyone can work at a dog pound, where they routinely kill them. I couldn't do that job for a million bucks.

Butch, I spent a year in a Pound. I held many animals every Th when it was killing day.

In the Spring we put animals down every day for a couple months.

During my time there i saved/re-domesticated Five out of 8 Malamutes who grew up chained in a barn w/no human contact except food being thrown in the door on the dirt floor once a day. They didn't know what people or an environment out side of that barn were.

I also got there at 5am 7 days a week to open up or start feeding/cleaning. If you saw what these Bastards (people) dropped off in the middle of the night and locked in our outside pens/cages, you could probably do that job. Animals that have been starved, beaten, denied medical help, and just generally mistreated were there to greet me several days a week. I used to hold great hope when I went in each day the I wouldn't find another nearly dead, whining dog there in the morning.

There are many dogs and cats that for one reason or another don't get to be pets in a good way. More than we could ever find a home for.

Sometimes it's just another job that has to be done.

Butch, I spent a year in a Pound. I held many animals every Th when it was killing day.

In the Spring we put animals down every day for a couple months.

During my time there i saved/re-domesticated Five out of 8 Malamutes who grew up chained in a barn w/no human contact except food being thrown in the door on the dirt floor once a day. They didn't know what people or an environment out side of that barn were.

I also got there at 5am 7 days a week to open up or start feeding/cleaning. If you saw what these Bastards (people) dropped off in the middle of the night and locked in our outside pens/cages, you could probably do that job. Animals that have been starved, beaten, denied medical help, and just generally mistreated were there to greet me several days a week. I used to hold great hope when I went in each day the I wouldn't find another nearly dead, whining dog there in the morning.

There are many dogs and cats that for one reason or another don't get to be pets in a good way. More than we could ever find a home for.

Sometimes it's just another job that has to be done.
You are a braver man than me, well done for the work you did.

Back