The RIP Thread...

Got busted with a shit load of drugs I didn't have a permit for.

That's one reason I quit drinking and running with the crew I once hung with. I didn't like being locked up much.

I have a buddy, just got out not long ago for the same thing. Problem was he wasn't smart enough the first time! He got busted for using meth, went in for a year or so, got out and started selling it! Did 7 years, lost his wife, house, cars, kids and has 3 felonies on him now! He's trying the straight and narrow, but made a rather interesting point the other day! We were talking and he said the system really has it set so you fail! People in prison are your support group, you get out and don't have that. You have a felony and it's next to impossible to get a job that pays anything you can live on and you are always under constant scrutiny/the first to go if anything goes wrong. BUT it's so easy to get into contact with old friends that can "hook you up" so you can make some quick cash. He's trying, but having a tough time of it.

Back to Mandela, they interviewed Bill Clinton on CNN today, he and Mandela were fairly close, and it was interesting to hear some of it. He said Mandela told him the first 11 years he "pounded on rocks" with his anger and frustration. He'd lost his wife, not been able to see his children grow up and missed out on so much. But then it came to him, they could take away everything but his pride and mind, he would have to give them that and he wouldn't afford them that pleasure. Clinton said that had always stuck with him from then on.

Who gets a permit for drugs?

Actually, you can posses marijuana if you have a tax stamp for it in the US, thing is you can't get the tax stamp without the pot, and you can't have the pot without the stamp! Nice little catch 22 there isn't it?

They enacted that law to get rid of the Mexicans in Texas who would work for pennys during the great depression from what I hear .It didn't work .

Mark my word they will legalize it in some form or another during my lifetime .

Prohibition didn't work just made some people rich .All these laws against something that grows wild in nature has just driven the price up and not stopped a damned thing .They'll tax it and everybody will just be hunky dory .

My 'lil gray cat died today; she was 14. She was a cool cat. Now her sister will be alone. :(

Attachments

• cats.JPG
    cats.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 36
I'm feeling sadder than I thought I'd feel, but nothing like when I lost my dog of 16 years. When the other dies, I'm done with pets. They die too soon and then I feel too bad about it.

I can't keep her off my lap, kinda unusual. I'm pretty sure she knows something's not right. It sucks that she lost her best buddy.

I've got a friend out here (France) ex services 86 years old a few years ago he had to have his old Labrador put down, he told me without shame that coming back from the vets he cried like a child! more than when his mother died. Not that he loved his dog more than his mother of course, it's just the way it is.

If you don't, then there's something wrong with you.

Attachments

• catnip 033 (Large).jpg
    catnip 033 (Large).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 41
I'm feeling sadder than I thought I'd feel, but nothing like when I lost my dog of 16 years. When the other dies, I'm done with pets. They die too soon and then I feel too bad about it.

I can relate Butch. I believe I'm on my last dog. Rusty is 11 now and hopefully has a few more good years yet but is showing his age quite a bit. Best dog that ever owned me.

Sorry for your loss.

Butch, sorry to hear. 14 is a nice long life. Time heals.

Back