The RIP Thread...

Norm Hall.
He was just at the Illinois Arborist Assoc. Conference this past weekend. If the Midwest had a famous Euc-Man, it was Norm.
A voice in tree care since the 1970s… definitely will be missed.

IMG_7881.png

Norm Hall Obituary, Death – The Illinois Arborist Association mourns the profound loss of a legendary figure, Norm Hall, with heavy hearts and a deep sense of sorrow. Norm’s sudden passing has sent shockwaves through the arborist community, leaving behind a void that cannot be easily filled. As friends, colleagues, and admirers grapple with the reality of his absence, the association pays tribute to a man whose impact transcended the professional realm, touching the lives of many.

Norm Hall wasn’t just an arborist; he was a friend, mentor, and a beacon of inspiration for countless individuals. His legacy is etched not only in the branches of the trees he cared for but in the hearts and minds of those he influenced. As the Illinois Arborist Association navigates this challenging moment, they extend their deepest condolences to Norm’s wife, Kathy, recognizing the inseparable bond that defined their partnership.

For those fortunate enough to have known Norm, his presence was synonymous with guidance, wisdom, and unwavering support. He played a pivotal role in shaping the careers and lives of those around him, leaving an enduring imprint on the arborist community. The outpouring of grief and tributes on social media speaks to the magnitude of his influence, underscoring the profound impact he had on a vast network of professionals and arborist enthusiasts.

Norm Hall.
He was just at the Illinois Arborist Assoc. Conference this past weekend. If the Midwest had a famous Euc-Man, it was Norm.
A voice in tree care since the 1970s… definitely will be missed.

View attachment 133510

Norm Hall Obituary, Death – The Illinois Arborist Association mourns the profound loss of a legendary figure, Norm Hall, with heavy hearts and a deep sense of sorrow. Norm’s sudden passing has sent shockwaves through the arborist community, leaving behind a void that cannot be easily filled. As friends, colleagues, and admirers grapple with the reality of his absence, the association pays tribute to a man whose impact transcended the professional realm, touching the lives of many.

Norm Hall wasn’t just an arborist; he was a friend, mentor, and a beacon of inspiration for countless individuals. His legacy is etched not only in the branches of the trees he cared for but in the hearts and minds of those he influenced. As the Illinois Arborist Association navigates this challenging moment, they extend their deepest condolences to Norm’s wife, Kathy, recognizing the inseparable bond that defined their partnership.

For those fortunate enough to have known Norm, his presence was synonymous with guidance, wisdom, and unwavering support. He played a pivotal role in shaping the careers and lives of those around him, leaving an enduring imprint on the arborist community. The outpouring of grief and tributes on social media speaks to the magnitude of his influence, underscoring the profound impact he had on a vast network of professionals and arborist enthusiasts.

Norm was a friend and mentor of mine for 20 years. Just spoke with him recently. So sorry to hear of his passing

2 cats that lived in a pumphouse at the plant where I work were killed in an accident yesterday. I know this thread is mostly for famous people but I don't GAS about celebrities and won't shed a tear for any of them. Animals on the other hand...
Dude that sucks, what happened?

I probably shouldn't have said anything, they don't like plant matters discussed on social media. Plus I don't want to be that loser who gets off shocking people with gory details. I had just heard the news and felt the need to air it here and lash out at celebs in my grief. They (celebs) do really suck though.

Aleksei Navalny.
Putin kills again

“Vladimir Putin’s Russia has just become even more bleak and soulless with the reported death in an Arctic prison of Aleksei Navalny, the 47-year-old dissident who showed immense bravery and humor as he tried to bring democracy to his homeland.

Navalny’s strength, resilience and courage contrast with the fecklessness of so many Americans dealing with Putin. From Donald Trump to Tucker Carlson, a remarkable number of American leaders and their mouthpieces roll over before the Russian president.

“Why do Trump and his congressional enablers want to further appease this Russian tyrant?” Senator Dick Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, asked after the news broke of Navalny’s death.

I hope Navalny’s example will fortify Americans and Europeans alike, for despite all our resources we have not shown a sliver of the strength that he did.”

Look at the bright side:

So far Boris Nadesjdin hasn't fallen down with an airplane, "accidentally"fallen out of a window, been shot, drunk a fatal cup of tea or put on a pair of Novisjok underpants ( Did I miss any?), he has only been blocked from taken part in the election, because some of the 200,000 signatures, he collected in order to be eligible were "Faked".
By the Democrats, no doubt.

Back