The RIP Thread...

I won't miss him, I don't miss Helms or Thurmond either. I don't think anybody should be allowed to hold office that long. With that said, he wasn't a bad guy.

Nobody was tougher on TK after the Chappaquiddick thing than TK himself, he regretted it and stated publicly that his behavior was indefensible. Why he was re-elected, I don't know.

He was a screaming ass liberal for certain, but he was also a gifted negotiator and always willing to meet his opponents half way. Those aren't bad traits for a politician, I wish there were more like that.

I don't like politicians, especially career politicians and I've never been enamored with the Kennedy dynasty but at least give the man credit for what he did right rather than focusing strictly on the politics and hating him simply because he was a liberal.

I know he's got an established legacy with the last name, Camelot, The compound, and the Chappaquiddick affair. I'm sorry for the family's loss. He is really the last remaining part of the true Kennedy legacy.

I'll miss him too! I've got to come up with new material since the Chappy jokes are kind of insensitive at the moment. :D

It could not have been too easy for him to have had two brother's blown away by such pathetic characters, like they were, and if the facts are as they say. It could give you nightmares just seeing some wimpy dude walk down the street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's gone through a ton of personal tragedies. Odd, he was the only male Kennedy to die of natural causes.

It sucks living under the shadow of your older siblings accomplishments. It sucks even more when your older siblings are elevated to near sainthood posthumously. Teddy had the hardest row to hoe in that family. His brothers became legend while he had to deal with reality.

Conservatives have lost a boogyman and will have to scare their kids with stories of lesser evil liberals.

Love him or hate him. But post Chappaquiddick. I believe he always fought for what HE felt was right.

I won't say I am glad he's dead, as I am not, but I am glad to have ho off his seat. He is one of many I believe that have been there too long and gotten to comfortable.
Sure he did some good things, but how many did he step on doing it?
Sorry, I wasn't a fan, but I won't badmouth him as I didn't walk in his shoes either.

The old man,Joe was the one that built the empire on bootleg booze during that social experiment which didn't work .Teddy was the last of the old guard .

I can't comment on weather he was a hero or a zero but he was a whoredog as were most if not all and a bull chit artist .

I will say this ,the old boy was one hell of a speaker .I saw him in person at a building trades convention in DC once . I do believe the old coot could charm the pants off a nun or sell ice to eskimos .The P T Barnum of politics for sure .

I just caught on that Bachar is dead... he was my hero in the early 80's.

Bachar, for instance, climbed in calf-high tube socks and high-cut running shorts. Virtually overnight, climbers across the country adapted the same attire.

I was one of those.

Bachar was a truly transcendental climber, he wasn't just a little better than the next best guy... he defined a whole new class of climbing and free solo is still the edgiest discipline on rock.

I guess I'm kinda glad he died in a fall, it's fitting and it makes him a little more human to me.

RIP John Bachar, thanks for the inspiration.

Its interesting to see who his friends were on the right. Ronald and Nancy Reagan counted him as a friend, as did Mormon Republican Senator from Utah, Orrin Hatch. Politics can be like a sport where the players on opposing teams do whatever they can get away with to win. It seems to me that in the past that folks played politics hard but were still able to have friendships across the political divide. These days it seems like it has gotten meaner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:(

Patrick Swayze Dies at 57

patrick_swayze240.jpg

Hes been battling pancreatic cancer for several years, and self admittedly smoked cigs like they were going out of style and said he would continue to until he died. Hes been at deaths door for a long time. Nonetheless may he RIP.

Back