The RIP Thread...

McNamara said that if we had lost WWII, he and the other planner of the incendiary bombing of Japan would have been tried and convicted as war criminals. That is a pretty heady self indictment.

Oddly, that didn't stop him from dropping 400000 tons of napalm on Vietnam.

i had a pet spider, Charlotte, a brown widow. I found her in November. She just died this week. She was cool. It was fun to watch her catch and eat her food.

RIP, Charlotte.

R.I.P. Walter Cronkite, "The most trusted man in America".

My biggest recollection of him is when he'd look into the camera and announced the Vietnam war dead for that day. He seemed to be telling you what he was thinking, without actually saying it.

Great voice.

48132571.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set of WWII tapes that he narrated and interviewed a bunch of soldiers that is fantastic. RIP Walter.

An amazing man. Unfortunately his life and death won't see a fraction of the coverage that has been dedicated to the freako, Jackson.

My sister went to elementary school with one of his grandkids. I used to see him picking his grandkid up sometimes when we went to pick up my sister from school.

Yo Quiero, well known Taco Bell spokesdog, dies of a stroke at 15.

R.I.P.

Attachments

• ap_yo_quiero_taco_bell_090722_mn.jpg
    ap_yo_quiero_taco_bell_090722_mn.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 47
Man that sucks. Of all the big wall and big mountain guys that I grew up watching and reading about. Only Ed Veisturs and Steve Whittaker are left.

Ed Veisturs only American to climb all 14 8000 meter mountains with no supplemental oxygen.

That's sad news, but it certainly doesn't surprise me. It just seems to me that maverick rock climbers who continue to engage in excessively high risk climbs like him and Osman - the odds are eventually catch up to them. It's merely the cold probilistic mathematics of the law of large numbers - the downfall of all longtime gamblers - keep flirting with risk and in the long run it gets you.

kinda like treework.........well, he pushed the envelop for sure....like 30yrs worth.

Back