The RIP Thread...

My brother is taking his dog Behr in today for that short trip into dog heaven. His back leg quit working and what they thought was just a "torn" achilles ended up being a limb ravaged by cancer. I went to say goodbye this morning and couldn't help but well up with some manly tears. Definitely a better friend than any human could be.:cry:

Attachments

• summer 09 014.JPG
    summer 09 014.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 45
Must of had some border collie in him. They saved him from the humane society 6 or 7 years ago after I talked him out of "buying" a dog.

RIP Behr. I had a long term client lose their awesome border collie to cancer a couple weeks ago, RIP Easter.

My sympathies. When Squigley finally goes I don't know if I'll have the composure to accompany her to the vet for her finality. It's a curious thing how many of us can become so emotionally attached to our pets like we do. I hate to say it, but I'll mourn her passing more than many of my relatives who have passed.

Depends on what kind of condition I'm in. I sure wouldn't want to spend my last few years confined to a hospital bed. My dad's 91 and still comes to work with me, so I'm hoping I inherited some of that longevity.

My wife's uncle the retired Colonel (3 tours as an adviser in Vietnam) says Mcnamara was hands down the worst SECDEF ever. I read McNamara's book and offered it to him to read and I got a flat "nope, and I"m sorry you gave him any money". So feelings still run pretty strong about him and the Vietnam War.

I think McNamara was recruited from Ford he was their CFO.
He tried to run the war as a bean counter. He did not have a clue how to win a war or run the military. It took over 20 years for the military to recover.

The man made mistakes and I think they haunted him for the rest of his life. Regret of that sort is hard to live with. I heard a bit on NPR today where a interviewer said that McNamara said that if we had lost WWII, he and the other planner of the incendiary bombing of Japan would have been tried and convicted as war criminals. That is a pretty heady self indictment.

That incendiary bombing was pretty bad many people do not know or will not believe that more people died in one night of bombing than from either atomic bomb.

Back