The RIP Thread...

Sorry about your cat Butch.

I don't think I could do what Fiddler did but for about the last eighteen years I've taken in any unwanted or lost pets around here, except for cats and dogs there's other places for them.

I'm about done, there's hardly a spot left here that hasn't got something buried under it. Some I hardly thought about when they died, others I still think about. A couple I just couldn't bring myself to put down when they were beyond help and paid the vet.

I wish there was a law against giving animals as Christmas presents, once they stop being novel or cuddly it's dump it time for a lot of people. Luckily a lot of pet shops have closed down in the last couple of years.

I agree, Fiddler. t has to be done and someone has to do it.Some years back I heard that a mentally unstable guy living a few miles from me had gone into a psychiatric hospital for a long stay.
I purposely drove by his house to check up on his dog, a German shorthair pointer.
It had been left untended in it's kennel and forgot.So I started driving by once a day and feeding it. After a week I realized that the asshole ( pardon my french) owner had told no-one to take care of it. Just left it in the kennel and gone off.
So I went and fed it, and as it happily chowed down, I put a .357 bullet in it's brain.
Later I heard from some friends that the guy had come home after 3 weeks and found the dog dead, them told them that it must have died from a brain hemorrhage, since it had blood coming out of it's nose.
Yep, a .357 brain hemorrhage.
Didn't enjoy doing that, but someone had to.

Hey Stig,
Never a fun thing to do. I have done it too and it sucks! I hope I don't ever have to again but I know I can if I have to a least animal. If it was my pet might be different.

I buried my kitty by myself and that was hard enough. I can't imagine putting your own pet down. Just making that decision to put her to sleep was very hard.

I buried my kitty by myself and that was hard enough. I can't imagine putting your own pet down. Just making that decision to put her to sleep was very hard.

Sorry for your loss Mrs B. I do believe that animals have a place in heaven. There is a movie with Robin Williams called
"What Dreams May Come" Overall the movie is really sad but when he first goes to heaven his dog is there and he thinks God screwed up and accidentaly put him in dog heaven. Anyway don't watch that movie unless you need to cry because it is really sad!

I found a couple more pics of 'Lil Gray...

Attachments

• catnipa.jpg
    catnipa.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 73
  • catnip.jpg
    catnip.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 73
It's odd how her sister is completely different. Even though 'lil Gray was small, she kinda bullied her. I think sis is enjoying having the house to herself now.

My Mom passed away on December 16th. She had just turned 87 on the 14th. She had severe osteoporosis and her posture had affected her digestive tract. She did have some dye tests done, but wasn't willing to have major surgery. She was of the opinion she had lived a good life and was ready to move on. That made her passing somewhat easier. Still my 4 sisters and me are very sad and I am just getting around to feeling like talking about it. We had no visitation and just my sisters,my lady, my 2 sons and their ladies, my aunt, and 3 very close friends at the burial. Mom said she wanted absolutely nothing as far as ceremony or services. I called most everyone, including my sisters to let them know. I am glad it is behind me. Good memories will take the edge off the sadness eventually.

Back