The RIP Thread...

Family friend Amy Eastman 11/7/1992 - 10/30/2010

"Amy Marie (Wintheiser) Eastman, age 37, of Tampa, FL, formerly of Sleepy Eye, MN, died Saturday, October 30, 2010 at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa, FL.

Amy Marie was born November 7, 1972 in New Ulm, MN at the Loretta Hospital, New Ulm, MN to Bill and Maggie (Neudecker) Wintheiser. She grew up in Sleepy Eye and attended St. Mary’s Catholic School graduating in 1991.

She attended Iowa State University in Ames with a scholarship from the USAF, but elected to change services and pay her own way in order to join the Navy ROTC program. She rose through the ranks to become the top Midshipman at the University, serving as the Battalion Commander.

She was commissioned an Ensign in the US Navy in May of 1995 and served as a Naval Intelligence Officer, circumnavigating the Earth during the course of her career. Amy began her fleet service as Intel Officer at Fixed Wing Fighter Attack Squadron 22 (VFA-22) stationed in Lemoore, CA as part of Air Wing 11 onboard the carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63). She cruised the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans as well as the Persian Gulf taking part in Operation Southern Watch. Following this tour, she was reassigned to the Joint Forces Command in Soul, Korea serving on the Early Warnings and Indications watch floor. Her final tour was at SEAL Team Five based in Coronado, CA as the team Intel Officer.

Amy first met her husband, a naval aviator, in 1997. In 1999, Lieutenant Amy Wintheiser, having accomplished all her goals in the military, decided to resign her commission the following year. She married Phillip W. Eastman at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Sleepy Eye on December 29, 2000.

Following her Naval career, Amy found her true vocation as a wife and mother. She had five beautiful children with her husband, Phil. She lovingly home schooled her children and taught them the Catholic faith as her first and highest priority. In late 2006 she was diagnosed with cancer and began her courageous and grueling four-year fight. She drew her strength from her faith and her family and always offered up her suffering for their sake. She never quit or gave up hope. She poured out her life for her children considering it to be her duty, even in the hardest of times; such was her determined nature and the great love she had. Her parents stand in awe just shaking their heads in disbelief.

Amy lived for her faith and family; she proudly served God and Country. She died in the state of grace in her husband’s arms about a week short of her 38th Birthday.

In their hearts and memories Amy will remain forever young.

She is survived by her husband, Phil, five children, Madeline, Samuel, Ava, Anna, and Maggie all of Tampa, FL, brothers Rick Wintheiser and wife Mafalda of Tampa, FL, Randy Wintheiser and wife Renae of Savage, MN, sister Brenda Schumann and husband Rick of Burleson, TX, six nephews and two nieces."

That is quite a tale about Amy, she appears to have been a very committed type person. Whatever gets you through.....RIP.

R.I.P-Angel Charlene Gaines; My co-worker's daugther and my boss' niece. She was only 18 years old and died instanly in a head on car crash Saturday, 11/6/10. :( RIP.

RIP Leslie Nielsen. http://www.cjob.com/Landing/Story.aspx?ID=1318402

Leslie_nielsen_gunsSHOP.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whoever HE is. No link to a bio? Nuttin? HOF? I guess he's some sports figure? He doesn't look very athletic to moi.

Chicago Cubs fans haven't had a lot to cheer about, but Ron Santo was one good thing. Good stats while paying with diabetes. Beloved sportscaster during his later years.

He played third base for the Cubs from 1960 to 1973. His lifetime batting average was 277, with 342 home runs, 2,254 hits, and 1,331 RBI’s. He was a Gold Glove Winner five times and an All Star nine times. The Cubs retired his number 10 jersey in 2003.

The old Monday Night Football Crew were seriously dysfunctional. Meridith seemed drunk quite a bit of the time. Cossell was as caustic as any sports caster I can think off. OJ seemed so normal when they brought him in.

A friend died recently from Pancreatic cancer. He went in six months after diagnosis. It's a bitch to cure.

I think that someone was suing his still very young children, claiming that gramps gave them money. He was taking a lot of heat.

Back