The Truck Thread

I just saw it was an auto... I don't have much confidence in the 4 speed autos. The 5 speeds autos are pretty bomber... I've grossed 30.1k in my F250, a smidgen over 40k in my F550.

So, based on that, I wouldn't buy that truck. I would find a manual, or a 5/6 speed auto. Don't be afraid to get a cab and chassis and put a body on it. I'm also not scared of the 6.0L assuming the deal is right. I paid $23.6K for my trucks combined. The F550 is a cab and chassis.

I just saw it was an auto... I don't have much confidence in the 4 speed autos. The 5 speeds autos are pretty bomber... I've grossed 30.1k in my F250, a smidgen over 40k in my F550.

So, based on that, I wouldn't buy that truck. I would find a manual, or a 5/6 speed auto. Don't be afraid to get a cab and chassis and put a body on it. I'm also not scared of the 6.0L assuming the deal is right. I paid $23.6K for my trucks combined. The F550 is a cab and chassis.

Ok $9000 and two pretty girls

I think $17K is a little high. Not outrageous, but I agree with the points Carl made. Yes its clean, and yes it has a fresh engine. I like that. But the tranny isn't top notch unless its been built. I wouldn't run from a 6.0 either. Most of their issues have been worked out by a previous owner by now. Earlier on was a different story. But if a 6.0 was going to have any of its known issues, they usually have been through it and mended by now.

Not exactly a truck but...I'm trading in my '03 TRDoffroad Tundra for a '13 Subaru xv. With three kids now we need two vehicles that can handle carseats and my wife always hated driving my truck anyway (it is hard to park in the garage at her work) The xv is basically an impreza with improved suspension and breaks, awd, 33mpg, lots of creature comforts of a modern vehicle. I'm supposed to pick it up later this week, and I'm pretty excited about it.

Attachments

• toy.jpg
    toy.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 128
  • xv.jpg
    xv.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 127
Engine is toast. Too many things to fix, service body is rotted out. The farms 33,000 gvw International gets better mpg, and if you can go 8 seconds in that thing without getting tossed, a rodeo would be a walk in the park. Picking up a transmission for my Dodge now.

The box is finished and stained now, holds about 12 yards. 16.5K GVWR. Auto, 4 cyl. diesel. Pulls a load and bandit 150 great.

Back