Jerry Beranek's Fundamentals

Ha, I will keep this forever my friend. I'm actually in bed right now reading it and simultaneously re-wacthing one of your videos (Felling The Tree series 3)

Jerry's book is my most studied text that I've ever applied myself to in my life. Never took it to bed though. When you read a book whose author it is that you so highly respect, it calls for sitting up straight!

Yeah, me and the other apprentices were watching a grainy film once of a woodworking treasure, a man as highly revered in the trade as it can get, by then deceased. It was after a long day at the shop and most of us were stretched out wasted on the floor. Our master walked in and upon seeing that started yelling about our disrespect, said that we all need be sitting up straight. Everyone followed his command, but I won't say without not a little reluctance. :lol: Never have forgotten that old school approach....

Yes, and one thing that I learned from that whole experience, is that although you may not like a man, a teacher or whoever, he still can be very deserving of your utmost respect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some of us have been trying to talk Jerry into doing a revision for more than a few years now. I still think he'd produce a book that would in the very least match the sales of the first.

I wish he'd reconsider.

Back