Jerry Beranek's Fundamentals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at this, friends. A thread I started a bit over 9 years ago about how fine a resource Jerry Beranek's iconic book on the work we all respect, and even love (on the good days :)) is still getting posted to. Awesome book Jerry, the best on the subject still, and awesome forum site, Butch.

Great threads never die! :beer:

I just wish there was a tad more posting going on.

It's been pretty slow lately... slower than the usual slow.

Hey there Butch. Good information never dies I guess. I've watched Jerry's videos probably a dozen time, and will demolish the book in a few hours. Keep it in my library for years to come, it will become a true classic. Take care friend! - Kenny

I actually had loaned out Fundamentals before ... Always came back (one time the guy had a question about a photo so he folded the page ... Nearly got angry) ...Last guy seems to have adopted it.

I honestly believe anyone who is to climb or even cut down a tree should read the Fundamentals cover to cover at least a dozen times lol. The pages are falling out on my copy i have read it so often. Gerry has done everyone such a huge service with that book, and it's amazing that he's on this forum.

I dunno... if it takes a person a dozen readings to understand, perhaps they need to be in a different line of work!

;)

But I hear ya!

I mean, I did read the hell outta it, but not quite a dozen times...

uWjwY.gif

On the shelf with your other studies. I just had my copy returned today after four months out on loan. I was thinking that I had to go get it Either way, good to have it back.

What an honor to still have rave reviews after 20 years of being in print. In 1978 I made a commitment to myself to write the Fundamentals. 18 years later, 1996, the book debuted at the Tree Care Industry Trade Show in Charlotte North Carolina. 20 year later, 2016, it went out of print. In that 20 years the book has sold nearly 25,000 copies.

The Working Climber Series, btw, is the Fundamentals incarnate. Unfortunately, by today's standards, it's all low definition. Looks terrible on the big screen. Sure wish I would've had 4K video back when I doing all the recording.

Now August Hunike has some of the best 4K video of tree work going. Bar none. All he has to do is put it in a format that parallels the Working Climber Series and he'll be able to retire early very comfortably.

I keep telling you that August! Listen!

I'm glad I have a copy too! Actually I have two. After I reached out to you last year Jerry I found my original copy.

I just found out from Dave Stice that it went out of print as I was strongly recommending it as well as the videos to a class of newbies. That was sad news for me.

Back