Good Morning!

Lots of folks around have the same symptoms....apparently crosses borders as well.

I might have asked before, but how did your garlic plan turn out?

It turned out to not much at all. No support to be tearing up the field or anything. I never could come up with a plan that seemed implementable and not completely overwhelming. The more I seemed to look into it the more and more of a pita everything seemed to be. We planted a couple hundred or so garlics this fall in raised beds just for our own use.

Are you using the proper respirator, Justin?

Neti Pot to flush your sinuses? Did it start high, and move down?

Not work related. Everyone in my family has gotten it and other people I know too.

No Neti pots here either. It's not a real sinus thing. Bronchitis I'm fairly certain.

I've done what I always do when I get sick. No drinking and up the fruit and vegetable intake. It's just been lingering and lingering which I'm not used to. A bud of mine said it took him about four weeks to recover and even then he'd get a tickle in his throat now and then.

Lots of fluids will thin the mucus and help it move. Steam, too.

A guy on TB found some slim respirators he's using, due to red oak dust causing him regular sinus infections.

We both got busy. I was going to buy the respirator that didn't fit him right. He's recommending them. I just use the Home Depot $30 cartridge dust filters as needed.

Masks don't both me much to wear.

I do my best to always wear ppe. Exposure to soot and creosote is a real hazard. I never re-wear work clothes and shower immediately after getting home and cleaning out all my gear. Keep my exposure time to a,minimum.

Wow, I've never been sick like that.

knock20on20wood.jpg

I think it's pure luck. I can't remember the last time I was really ill, like couldn't work. I guess it was back in the 80's.

Now, watch me drop dead tomorrow - lol!

I'm fully on the mend now.

Been tidying up my firewood pile and moving wood. Gotta stay ahead of the wood heat game.

Snowing here. My wife and I are recuperating from the flu. I'm nearly back to normal. Enjoying the wood stove and keeping an eye on the greenfield. I fully expect to see some deer any minute now. I dread having to dress one in this cold, but if the right buck steps out, I'll deal with it somehow....

Sunny here, two days in a row. Hi in the upper 40s, maybe 50.

Going to finish cutting a stump. Should get some nice stump blocks of spalted and/ or figured maple.
Pressure washer and chain grinder going to the jobsite.

Hoping to turn into stuff like http://www.ebay.com/bhp/spalted-maple.

Going to put my new bandsaw "tire" on the wheel, and I should be ready to cut up some stuff. Learning all the way.

Heading out this morning to set up camp for Charlotte Bluegrass Festival.

It doesn’t start until next Thursday, but I’ve got plenty of work to do before then…keeping track of early campers, setting up traffic control and parking, etc.

going to be a busy week going back and forth between work here andwork there

Good morning indeed! Putting my boots on and heading out to a sub job. No idea what they're going to have me get into yet.

Went to the Steamboat String band fest yesterday. More today. 1.5 miles down the road. Might go by bike/ trail-a-bike.

Home from working an annual music fest...got back last night...nice to wake up at home.

Had a great time. Stayed very busy, but still found time to pick some music each day.

I think this was the smoothest year yet for the staff that works there...

Taking the day off today to unload and rest up a bit.

I go as a volunteer each year to help my old friend/bandmate who's the promoter...I do get paid some (more than enough to cover fuel running between work and the fest during the week), but would do it all for nothing anytime.

And...it is definitely for fun!8)

Damn straight!!! I might get to jam today with a bass player friend.

We can do some Royal Blood stuff!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZSznpyG9CHY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back