The Crushing Of The Blaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, most of the time. I'm discovering the real meaning of "pain and suffering."

I hate vicodin!

Yeah, back in the day I had a bean harvester and I was getting a bucket of beans out of the hopper while the machine was running for my uncle's friend. As I swung the 5 gallon bucket up I hit my knuckle on an auger and cut the tendon to my middle finger on my left hand. Didn't hurt right then but the next day it hurt like a mother. Got to be pretty friendly with the pain meds for the next few weeks. The side effect of the nausea is good in a way as it would be pretty tough to quit the meds if it wasn't for that. As it was I quit them even before my prescription was finished. Hey, thanks for asking about my kid the other day MB.

You're welcome, brother. I was wondering how he was doing.

One thing no one tells you about pain meds is the constipation. Lordy! I've been feeling FOS, not unlike that TB troll. Luckily my metamucil habit helped me out with that.
As I was leaving the horsepistol last friday the nurse told me "it was gonna get worse before it got better," and she wasn't lying!!! But I think the fever/swelling has broken today, and if that's true then Stage 1 will finally be over! Hallelujah!!!

The broken bones are bad enough but the crush injury is really where the trauma is.A "Blow out" is hydrastaic shock to the tissue,painfull as hell.:whine:

If there is some fever related to this injury,it doesn't surprise me,it's the bodys defense mechanism to ward off infection.Damn,I hurt just thinking about it.:(

.A "Blow out" is hydrastaic shock to the tissue,painfull as hell.:whine:

That's the part that makes me cringe! Butch, I can't imagine that part. Crush my foot, OK. Break a toe, fine. Blow out the side of my feet, dear God, might as well shoot me in the face. You're doin better than I would.

Sorry to hear about all the other "crap" that goes along with it. Sorry man. Keep going strong!

Jeff

Well, everything is looking good. The bones are healing up nicely, as well as the damaged tissue. They put it in a boot, but I can't put any weight on it yet.
Lordy, I'll be glad when this is all over! I'm missing the best part of the year as far as nice weather goes. It looks like I'll be back in action right when the summer heat is back. That is gonna suck cuz I'm gonna be one outta shape mofo! But, I'll get over it.

:beer:

I should clarify for everyone else,
I assume this is the same bowflex your wife bought from my wife?

Classic!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quit f___ing laughing, its not funny :X

Actually, it's not funny at all. It's the most painful thing I've experienced in my freaking life, and I've had some pain inflicted over the years.

Ya'll should respect this thread a bit more. :(

Actually, it's not funny at all. It's the most painful thing I've experienced in my freaking life, and I've had some pain inflicted over the years.

Ya'll should respect this thread a bit more. :(

Yes, it's painful. And it's terrible. We are all acutely aware of that and most of us want nothing more than to ease your pain however possible. If that means cracking a joke to try and get you to smile and perhaps not think about the pain for 5 seconds, then it was worth it. Nobody here is doing anything to be disrespectful to you, Butch. They are joking because they care about you and wish you well.
:)

Back