The Crushing Of The Blaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could bring them with me when I go back on the 9th.

With gaff guards, of course!

I just caught that part part about a"continous" chocker.We called them a "beckie" back in the iron worker days of my youth.They were not the best for gripping steel on a verticle lift and seldom used for that,if ever.

No matter,not rubbing salt in the wound,so to speak,it happened.That that doesn't kill us makes us stronger.Of course some times there is a little pain in the process but this will pass in time.I've been laid up a time or two myself.Hang tough.:thumbup:

You guessed his foot, it was his leg. The story is in his book, since your hoblin, I'll go look for ya.

I mean details, like how he got the spurs to fit the cast, how well it worked, ect.
Frans, can you ask him? Maybe give him a link to this thread?

I mean details, like how he got the spurs to fit the cast, how well it worked, ect.

Just caught up on the thread, MB. I will call him tonight.

Frans

Ahem,I know what you're thinking:what: My little bud Tom went in the hole about 10 years ago ,fell about 20 feet and broke his ankle.He started climbing way too early before the bones had knit correctly.He can predict the weather now.

The little rascal is still a damned good climber but that old injury haunts him.After about two hours you can tell he's in pain.He does as much as he can flying a bucket these days.Now there's a thought,eh?

I'm not trying to encourage bad behavior so listen to your doc MB, but on the flipside I did my ankle in really badly crazy sprain torn ligaments doc told me a break would've been alot simpler, six weeks on crutchs and nearly six weeks with a cane and I found that it never fully healed until I went back to work. Had to wrap it everyday and it was sore as hell could barely crawl around the hillside (highleading) but it did heal and has given me no grief since. I'm just saying sometimes after sufficient healing has taken place ya need to get it going to strengthen and keep mobility. That said I'm not recommending climbing in a cast but you'll know when your ready just be honest with yourself.

ps. my injury was the end of my extreme mountainbiking days.

I divined the same thought. An extra month or so invested in proper healing now can make a huge difference later. Don't get impatient...well, you will get impatient, just don't give in.

WORD. true.:D

I just talked with him on the phone. I told him I would e-mail him this thread tonight.
The rest is up to him.
Oh, he said he used black electrical tape to hold the spur in place on his cast :lol:

I think I'd at least go with duct tape. :D

That's good stuff? I've seen it around lately but haven't bought any. My daughter and I built a bridge for her science class from fireplace matches and gorilla glue. Her bridge won the class contest for the amount of weight it would hold before breaking.

"Hope it hurts?"

Sounds like a typical Jason username. Whutta sick frig! :roll:

Back