The Crushing Of The Blaster

Keeping strength in your legs is real important for overall health maintenance as you age, I've heard said. Sad news about your dog, Mick, you were good buddies it seemed.

Yah rip Charlie. I found myself thinking of Charlie more than once over the years now as I would bite into a sammiche.

Yes in January, the vets think she must have eaten some poison at a clients, it was over in a few days, we were very, very upset.

She was nearly 12 so not too bad, here's one of my favourite pictures of her, head out the window in high summer, taking in the smells.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 33
Sorry about Charlie, Mick. Dogs have an outsize influence on our lives.

Butch, can you repost the picture. Its gone from the original post. I was going to show it to Wes today.

He's picking up, more and more, the importance of safety on the jobsite/ shop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which picture? I don't have much...

Attachments

• crush_1.jpg
    crush_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 35
  • crush_2.jpg
    crush_2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
Yep, that's it.

A picture speaks a 1000 words. Thanks. I've been acquainted with two life-time limpers in Olympia. One had a beer keg fall on his foot while delivering at work. The other was a woman who was rolling a garbage can down out of the truck bed.

Crushing is baaaad news.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would have much rather preferred stitches from a chainsaw.

Two, three hundred... I'd have traded no problemo.

Forty years ago or longer, my neighbor had his foot clipped by a backhoe, a crushing injury that cut deeply into his foot just below the ankle. He was in the hospital for a whole year trying to recover. The doctor wanted to remove his foot above the ankle, but he was adamant about keeping it. Trying to save it was what kept him hospitalized for so long. He's 85 now and has been limping around since getting out of the hospital, swelling and pain still common. He'll come into my shop sometimes complaining about the discomfort. I sometimes tell him to show it to me so he takes off his sock and does. I lightly rub it as if some soothing could possibly help, but obviously it's well beyond that. Aside from the deep scar, the flesh around it and moving ip to his ankle is hard like a piece of wood. It's an eerie thing to feel. I suppose that there isn't much circulation going on near the wound, it's not black but about a third of his foot is a deep purple color. He's tough old bastard for sure, I don't think most people could manage such a long time hindrance getting around. He says that if he had it to do over again, having his foot removed would have been the wiser choice. A terrible injury as a cautionary to working around equipment.

Back