What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Weather is frigging with me, I'm off to town to sand/salt, I hope. Otherwise it's just another early morning drive.

Good luck Justin.

Big melt here now. Road is about 5" of slush.

Supposed to get around 1 1/2 inches of rain later today. That should make for some decent flooding in the area. I'm just glad most of the snow has melted before all the rain.

We are in for a cold snap around here. Minus 18 or so over the weekend without any windchill, and there'll be some wind. Gotta keep the home fire blazing.

How's your truck access these days squisher? I remember you used to live halfway up the side of a cliff or something and couldn't roll with your big truck in the winter.

Pretty much Sean, worked in a drizzle and left when I felt wet. Only had to climb one. We were out for maybe 2 hours total
You need to get the receiver plate for your mini. Then you can move the chipper separate from the truck so you can hitch up and leave in proper form my friend. Even if it means bringing two trucks.

Ya, I"ve had the towing "L" hitch. A huge help. I did start getting pushed sideways on a steep asphalt road with the 4400 pound chipper that I was re-positioning to blow into a trailer (5 yard load for sale). I've found it a huge help. Moved chipper and trailers into places with that where it would never have worked otherwise, plus much less ground pressure than a big truck, I figure.

When I start to feel wet at work in the winter is about the time I am warmed up for the day. At that point, just keep moving. Wet and warm. The reality of working in the northwest winter. Hard to wear rain gear and climb. I just layer up synthetics shirts, and wear arbor wear pants with fleece beneath. Synthetic hoodie on and off between climbs, or while climbing. I'm due a soft shell climbing jacket.

Yeah .. I hate climbing in rain gear. Layers. I learned layers back east. I worry more about people on the ground than myself. I try to do removals or felling if it starts raining. Prunes suck in the rain. Looks like I am in for a week of it coming up. Sneak in here and there and work it. Burning is the best in the rain. Stay warm no matter. Throw in a couple pieces of dry clothing in the truck... Good to go.

How's your truck access these days squisher? I remember you used to live halfway up the side of a cliff or something and couldn't roll with your big truck in the winter.

Access is good now, i moved four years ago to a more favourable location. I'm laid up with a bum hand for a couple weeks, so just plowing. No treework.

Where is the facetious emoticon thingy?

Butch didn't like it so you have to find your own.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

Low 80's and sunny today.8)

Some big bright thing in the sky that is causing warmth and melting the snow today. I seem to remember seeing it lat Summer.8)

Back