What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Wow, for some reason I thought it was always warm there Steve. I see that you even get snow in areas in your Winter. Strange I've only ever seen Australia portrayed as a hot/tropical sort of place.

Really brings a new meaning to the convicts not being able to have fire back in the "penal colony" days.

They just show Queensland and WA in most tourist stuff, there's plenty of cold spots. Lots of snow down south and a bit in the mountains in NSW. You can just about freeze in red dirt in the winter at night. Sydney doesn't get too cold these days, I'm out of town at the moment.

Window AC units are cheap, and they don't cost much to run. For me, it is the difference between sleeping, and being tortured.

Weather here is crappy.
We had a real dry spring which didn't do the 50000 trees weplanted any good.
Then when my cherries ( I have some 30 trees) were just about ripe, it started raining for a week, so they all split and turned to mush.

Now it is really warm, so the mush is fermenting, making the whole place smell like the inside of a winery.

I love Danish weather.

c358d8e119a4e43c1c2056b841a1407f.png

We are going to get wet in just a few minutes...

There is no getting used to it, or at least at my age. That was one of the main reasons I had to quit working outside.

high 90's for temps and upper 70's humidity. I've been camping in my trailer in the yard evenings 'cause it has AC.

Years ago I picked up an old scrap Bard Condenser, threw a coil in the furnace and charged it with reclaimed refrigerant and iso butane. Runs cool and cheap.

Ha, I'm as comfortable in the trailer as I am in the house. I'm basically ACing just one room already. Water, Power, fridge, Air, bathroom, WiFi, phone, table, bed, and it's twenty steps to the house...Can't see dicking with putting in and taking out a window unit every season change, or spending any money for one. It's not something I use more than 10-15 evenings a year.

Cold.:coldcold:

It's been a pretty good winter, days are sunny but pretty cool. Cold snap this week and a bit windy.

Tried to snow a few nights ago but it's too dry. No rain for months now and looks like it'll be the driest year on record if we don't get some soon.

Hotter than effin' hell...at least for these parts. Of course, the people in Phoenix, AZ would laugh at that statement :).

Yessir, we do.

In 39 years of living on this property on the westside slopes of the Cascade range, we have never seen our little creek get so low. It still flows, barely, some places. Other stretches, it's dry, going subsurface between the deeper pools.

Back