What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
It was like working in a snow globe today. There were short bouts of big flake snow showers on and off all day with not much wind to speak of, pretty, but an ominous warning of what's to come in the next few months.

43C at 5pm here. Good time to kill stink bugs on my citrus trees, when it get's over 100F they all go down to the base of the tree and you can get them easy.:)

Thinking about you guys and your temperatures.:coldcold:

It was a warm one today but it'll be cool tomorrow, the Sydney air conditioner just came on about 8.45pm.

This is the prime time of the year here in the desert. Sunny and the 80's all week, cooled off to the seventies today.

Funny technical ly still fall. It's still manageable two gloves, about 5 layers on top and 3 on the bottom. Hurt to face the winds and few times today, Paul couldn't see me for all the snow. I love winter!

No worries from me, I like to experience 4 seasons. :) I also like to camp out in them, summer, winter, all good.

Ice indeed this morning, Rajan. We were backing down a hill this morning with the bucket and chipper, and all the sudden the truck started slipping. Good thing we had a guy standing by with a wheel chock just in case. We ended having to put woodchips down to get some grip, and it seemed to work pretty well. Every day is a new puzzle.

I juuuust got my chipper up and out of a super steep driveway. I could have driven down and made a 13 point turn after taking of the chipper, re connected, and made a run for it, but it didn't come to that. Had it not stopped raining and dried substantially, I might have been towing the truck and chipper with the mini like a train.

Been fighting another tight access job that end well. Rain makes maneuvering extra challenging. Comm units make it less.

Pretty much Sean, worked in a drizzle and left when I felt wet. Only had to climb one. We were out for maybe 2 hours total
You need to get the receiver plate for your mini. Then you can move the chipper separate from the truck so you can hitch up and leave in proper form my friend. Even if it means bringing two trucks.

Back