What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
30f here and very windy. No one comes here now for several years. Neighborhood is too small to make the big haul.

I hear you Paul. I walked away from my first tree today. Wind, driving snow, four inches on the ground already up in the hills. Big white pine right on the basin, which the guy wanted crashed into the hills behind his cabin. Wind would go from nothing to 30 every few minutes. Part of me feels very correct and responsible, and part of me feels like a giant pussy. . . oh well, I threw him a price on a couple options and gave him my card. maybe later.

I like fall weather but it bothers me at the same time. Old man winter is creeping up behind me and I heard his zipper drop.

Another day of rain here. Been watching the snow line creep down from the UP toward here daily.

Was wet the last couple weeks but yesterday as soon as I packed up all my wet gear and went home from camping the sun came out, supposed to be nice through the week. Got today off as I was planning on being out in the bush so I decided to take the little guy to school, he was grinning wide. 20141110_085921 (Large).jpg 101_8376.jpg 101_8378.jpg

We are having an extremely warm fall.
October was one of the 3 warmest in the last 100 years.
Screws with hibernating animals, like hedgehogs and the x-mas tree export is going to hell.
They start cutting, packaging and shipping the 7 million trees we export every year around this time.
With the high temps, they will lose all the needles or turn to mush before they reach the customers.

Just be keeping that stuff UP there Grendel :P...I've got too much to do down here before the flakes fly.

High temps of around 20. Lows in the single digits. The forecast for the next 10 days suggests that the temps will only continue to drop. Single digits below zero for lows next week. No snow yet.......well, a slight dusting.

Joel

Cold front came through and snowing now. Supposed to get Lake Effect for the next week or so. About 1 1/2 inches last night and still accumulating...

Waiting for all the slide-offs to get cleaned up before heading out. Folks crashing everywhere this morning.

Back