What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
I am rather enjoying the nice weather. It was nice to save a thousand bucks a day on feed costs during December. Hell, maybe my winter wheat will make it.

Plenty of time left for things to go to hell. Riiiight about the first of March, when I start calving.

18 degrees and 22" snow on the ground. Expecting another 8. Trees busted up everywhere. Getting to them is another problem.

They are calling for 8 to 12" of snow starting about midnight ,lasting until Monday .In Ohio it's not if we get the snow but when .

Around zero for tonight. Supposed to be -15 Monday night and windy. One of my circ pumps for the OWB is too small, I might have to have some supplemental heat in the woodstove to keep the house up to temp. OWB can put out the heat, but I can't get it into the house fast enough.

Does it get very cold in Ohio Al? Does your snow stick around for long?

Is it a big deal to get a bigger pump Dave?

Our coal stoker used to be in the shop with copper lines in black plastic pipes to get the hot water to the house. You would melt the soles on your feet in the shop, and it would be uncomfortably cold in the house.

Two new pumps would cost about $450. They might as well cost a million for all the likelihood of $450 showing up around here.

Still no frost and the ground is terribly waterlogged.
We may have to start logging in summer, if this keeps up.
I hate logging decidous trees in summer, it is so much more work and widowmakers can really hide.

We'll see how it goes, but I had to call the forwarder off 2 weeks ago, he was bogging down badly.

What the hell happened to deep frost, a foot of snow on the ground and felling trees in a flannel shirt and a vest, because as long as you kept on the go, you didn't freeze?????????????

Too warm here. Too much fog we rarely have.. no snow to speak of. We are not near 30 percent of our water for the season. Things are going to get bad or worse if the weather does not turn around.

Atm clear and around 20 underneath . f. Sposed to cool off tonight and the wind pick up. -42 , winds to 20 mph. . I'm not really looking forward to pokin holes in the ground tonight. I'm back up in the arctic. How y'all doing ?

Back