What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
I have had that happen at times. The boiler never quits all night.

Stay inside and safe Dave!

I know you know about cold living where you do, but I always worry about people that only see cold once in a while.

More people die from exposure in New Zealand every year than Montana. New Zealand is much more temperate.

We have had a mild winter. No snow right now and in the thirties.

Ho's at today's job invited the kids to go swimming while I pruned dwarf mistletoe out of their pines. Kids brought suits and then played cards on the patio. Still in wet suits. Wayyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooo warm for Feb.
*wet as in still dripping water bathing suits.....

Yeah... seen leaves budding out on a couple Western White oaks the other day... wayyyyyyyy tooo early
Not to mention the Crocus, daffodils, forsythia, bradford pear....
Just too damn early

bradford pear....

Boy, I love me some bradford pears, they are great for chips and firewood, buts thats it ;)

Dang, 74deg. here today, Im working tomorrow and it will be about the same....soooo not ready for heat again, way to early....:|::|::|::|:

Weatherman missed the 0 F high today. Hit a scorching high of 4 F. Wasn't to bad when the sun was shining. It was cold enough that the snow never melted off the hydraulic cylinder while I split wood today. Wood burner is keeping up. Furnace only kicked on once this morning. At least that's what I was told as I was pushing snow at that time. Gonna be -10 F tonight. Think I'll fire up all the trucks and see if I can't get a bit of global warming going on here.

Got another 15" last night in Weymouth, MA. That makes 108" (9 feet) in approx. the past month. Forecasted temp today is -8 to +8F with sustained 25kt winds.

Here's a picture of MIT's "snow mountain" before last nights 15" . I wonder what nerdy things they will think of to do with their "snow mountain"?

2015_02_SnowMIT-web.jpg

NSFW

<iframe width="470" height="352" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dB7dLRm1p_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just for the record, when he picks on Massholes, it's the ones from Boston that can't drive. Us Massholes out West can drive just fine.:lol:

Back