The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hey everybody! I stumbled on this forum only a few weeks ago, which is surprising because my 'tree climbing' section of my Evernote has a couple hundred notes of things I've collected from the web after researching tree climbing since 2007. All my searches took me to the other forums until a few weeks ago I landed here. Anyway, I'm not a tree worker; just enjoy rec climbing. I discovered tree climbing when I saw a segment on the TV show "Oregon Field Guide" that profiled Pacific Tree Climbing Institute. You can check out the episode : http://www.opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/tree-top-tour/
Shortly thereafter I did a day climb with them and had lunch in a treeboat at 180'. Been hooked ever since!

Tree Name: Lookout
Height:258'
Diameter:9'
4431 Highway 20
Sweet Home OR

ok let's see if I can figure out how to embed a pic...
ah no luck.

Welcome Heg. :)
Great group of people here, very willing to share information and answer questions.
Climbing one of those big trees is on my "bucket list" for sure..... ;)
My name is Randy.

You don't need to embed it, Robert. You can post attachments on the editor page.

If you want to embed, you have to wrap it in image tags, >>>

Thanks Burnham! We're practically neighbors! I'm up in Hood River. I had to drive to Sweet Home to meet the Pacific Tree Climbing crew.
So... west of Mt. Hood... I've only explored over there once....took 26 over to Rhododendron. If I ever get over as far as Boring, I want to visit this place, I heard it's pretty cool... Red Pig Blacksmith.
http://www.redpigtools.com/servlet/the-template/about/Page
Ever heard of it?

Hello my name is Ben, I work for Treestuff.com, which I use the term work loosely cause its awesome. I am new to it all but have been learning as fast as I can. If you have any questions about gear let me know and I can go and check it out directly from the warehouse.

Talk to me!

Ben

Hi Guys, Butch, Masterblaster, you remember me? Drew Martin,,, I used to write RockinMonster Stories on your forum. Sorry I have been gone so long, sometimes life can take a turn that derails you from everything and get so busy you have to give up sleeping to fit it all in but am back and glad. Climbing trees and sawing them down wearing a blind fold just to show off what an ass I can be lol Still learning but getting better as I go, will retire from tree climbing one day but I love it and if I can do it when I am 90, yee hawww lol

Actually my art, music and writing is starting to get lots of attention. Invented a new art style called Earth Expressionism, so Picasso cubism and Salvidor Dali surrealism is sucking dust lol Earth Expressionism will rule:) Tell you more about that stuff and the rest of my adventures since I been gone,,, and I still have a bunch of RockinMonster stories to write. I think I wrote about 10 of em on here before I disappeared, do you have them in the old archives still?

Well big hello to my friends here that remember me! and good to be back:)

In an old database. I've asked Adam if he could restore it as maybe a read-only forum... no luck yet.

Hello all,

Kenny here, I'm a Machinist by trade. I cut and split 3-4 cord of hardwood a year. Mainly because it's my only source of heat in the winter. I've already posted some pics of a pretty good size osage orange I brought down recently. I've been looking at some of the photos and videos posted, all I can say is wow. Some very impressive work.

Hey guys, not really a new member but I want to start posting more, I'll admit I slack in that dept. my name is Ryan and I've been in the business for a little over twelve years. A lot of climbing and removals in that time but I really like landscape IPM and made it my main focus. The last few months I've been working as a consulting utility arborist on transmission ROWs in West Va and Western Pa. Before that I worked for Bartlett and The Care Of Trees in Washington DC and Pittsburgh PA areas. Got to see a lot of cool properties and meet some interesting people in those days. I do weekend tree work as well. Looking forward to posting more here.

Glad to have you here, Ryan, and it's great to hear you're gonna start participating more! We love post ho's here! :beer:

Hello all,

Kenny here, I'm a Machinist by trade. I cut and split 3-4 cord of hardwood a year. Mainly because it's my only source of heat in the winter. I've already posted some pics of a pretty good size osage orange I brought down recently. I've been looking at some of the photos and videos posted, all I can say is wow. Some very impressive work.

Dang, Kenny, sorry I missed your post! Crap, I had you in moderation and your post wasn't visible until just now! My bad, please forgive me! I bet you thought we were all Aholes and ignoring you!

Welcome to the Treehouse, brother! :beer:

Welcome Kenny and Ryan.

Yes, dont be shy to post more Ryan and Kenny. I am a blithering idiot, but they seem to tolerate me quite well, except for Pantheraba, he puts a sticky note on the left side of the screen so he does not have to look a me!:)

Back