The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Yes, welcome new members. I still feel new a little after 2 years from joining....but the one thing I quickly noticed compared to other tree forums is that there's no hierarchy or cliques. Nobody gets ignored. Be sure to stay logged in so to see the forums and threads that are otherwise invisible to visitors. The lounge in particular has lots of good and updated content daily :thumbup:

Hello all, my name is Josh. I recently got out of the military after 9 years and getting back into the family business. I was taught a lot of the aspects of the business growing up prior to enlisting. Now I'm back at it full time trying to read and learn as much as I can from those around me. I always loved climbing, although it was more rec climbing at the time. I look forward to reading the vast amount of information shared here.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Josh! Which military? I'm a Navy vet, A-7 mech VA-97, USS Enterprise. '73 to '77.

Don't be shy to fill out your profile! :beer:

Raj- Ruck was in reference to rugby, I used to play when I was stationed in Germany. It stands for down to ruck. I did enjoy rucking in the military as well.

MB- Thank you for your service. Technically I'm still in the Army, because I took 70 days of transition leave. I couldn't sit at home for more than a few days before I went right back to work. I joined right out of high school in '07 and just recently got out last month.

97E, pronounced "ninety seven echo" was the MOS code designating a Human Intelligence Collector in the US Army (formerly known as Interrogator Prisoner of War). Until recently, all 97Es were required to be proficient in a foreign language, which was often learned at the Defense Language Institute. Since the beginning of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, Echoes have proven to be in extremely short supply and this requirement has since been waived. Currently, the MOS code has been re-designated to 35M.

The Human Intelligence Collector is responsible for supervising and performing information collection operations. The duties of these collectors include preparing and editing appropriate intelligence and administrative reports, and assisting in screening of HUMINT sources and documents.

Training for "Echoes" is done at Fort Huachuca, Arizona. This initial training lasts 18 weeks, during which Soldiers learn to prepare intelligence reports, analyze aerial photographs, and prepare aerial and satellite observations.

It was fun until it was time to go back and write reports. I preferred running around with the boys on the line. :D

What's up y'all -I'm Limbloppa! Thanks to Butch and Levi for their help getting a computer illiterate fool like me in the tree house. I've been in the biz almost 20 years now and I couldn't imagine a day without the sights/sounds and smells (ewwwww) of tree work. Tree work and talking sh*t are my true passions-hopefully I found an outlet for both!:rockon:

Welcome to the TreeHouse, brother! What is your name? You already know mine, lol...

Make yourself at home and don't be shy about filling out your profile!

Thanks everyone-my name is Jay by the way. I just sat down with an ice cold beer-time to peruse the ridiculous amount of info in this forum.

Back