The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hey I'm Mac, I started a tree company about 4 months ago, working with a buddy from the last job I had. I"ve been in the industry for about 2 years full time (sounds crazy to own a company) but I was lucky to have some really good climbers and arborists to help me . I started the company so that i would have a safe place to work, the last place i worked the chippers where old and would throw knives and they never had the right gear to do work safely, just a all around sketchy place to work. I have a climber who has 3 years experience and 2 years of schooling that will be working with me to get started. I got into the industry after my girlfriends house got 3 trees taken out in the back yard by one guy, they were 60-70cm dbh silver maples. The tree worker lived down the street and i was curious on how he got into the industry so i emailed him and asked to meet up at tim hortons coffee shop to ask about the industry and when we met he hired me because he needed a groundie so i worked for him and learned alot till he had some money and health problems so he got a job at another company so i went with him and now i quit that place and started my own gig. Hopefully i will be making videos on things i learn that i found to work great for our industry. cheers.

Nice intro!

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Mac! My name is Butch - make yourself at home!

Don't be shy to fill out your profile! :beer:

Here's a place to make your first post and introduce yourself! Don't be shy to participate, we're a pretty good bunch around here.
Say hi and tell us a bit about yourself, and welcome to the TreeHouse! :occasion5:

Hello there! I'm new to the forum and a "newbie" to arboriculture. I have been lurking for awhile and decided to finally hop in feet first! I became interested in arboriculture when my father-in-law came over and I helped him take out 10 fir trees on my property in a day and half. This re-sparked my interest in climbing. I say re-sparked because I had already had the bug for climbing before in my high school years when I rock climbed competitively on my high school's team. This combined with my love for being out in woods has had me reading and watching videos nonstop! I cant wait to learn as much as I can from you guys and gals here and I'm sure I'll make some friends too! :D

Cheers,
Rok

Welcome Rok, make yourself at home. :)
Very relaxed group here that is willing to share what they know. And they know quite a bit. :thumbup:;)

Back