The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hey guys, my names Timothy Eschenfeldt from Denver Colorado.

I'm a beginner climbing arborist running my own small time treecare company. I had a mentor but sadly he had a pretty bad drug habit so I just can't associate with him anymore:( but he was a great teacher, so I have a good base but now I'm out there on my own with no one to learn from or bounce ideas off so I'm happy to have found a place with some resources and info when I have questions!

Thanks guys, I look forward to diving into this forum and gaining some new knowledge.

Good sign in there, Timothy. Post away...when you do pictures always help. You'll get some good input from the folks here.

Welcome to the House.

My quick hello ... hello :D
I've been a lurker for some time so feel like I already know the internet version of ya'lls!
A little about myself
I love trees,
I love climbing,
I love petrol powered any things,
I take everything to pieces to see if I can put it back together,
I do everything I probably should avoid,
I have a serious addiction to shiny climbing gear,
I love the look on people's faces when the find out I only have one arm,
I swim in circles.
I don't believe in political correctness nor religion,
I love my life..... think that just about covers everything.
Hope we can all be best friends and hang out sometime ��

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Timothy! My name is Butch.

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Beer's in the fridge and whiskey's in the freezer. :drink:

Good sign-in, Bandit. Excellent first post in the "one-handing" thread. Glad to see you come out of the bushes...kinda scratchy in there.:D

Hey fire, my parents spent some time choosing Marten... however as I popped out a little special at birth most people I know put stop to that by honouring me with the nickname Bandit!
I am what is regarded 'an adult' but somehow have managed to make it 25 years deep in to friendships and still have good friends that have no idea about my birth name!!
Pantheraba it was cozy in the shadows, nobody knew I was there while I was taking in the sights and sounds and making sure the locals weren't savages :P

Ha, that sounds like me Bandit. I spent a few months lurking and read just about everything here and found out there are some pretty smart people here, unlike what I was told on a couple of other tree forums.

Not much you can't get sorted here, that's for sure.

So welcome to you both.

Welcome, guys.

Fire, huh. Well now I feel comfortable revealing my hippie name, Ookalai. I was born on a paddle board in Hawaii.

Hey guys, my names Timothy Eschenfeldt from Denver Colorado.

I'm a beginner climbing arborist running my own small time treecare company. I had a mentor but sadly he had a pretty bad drug habit so I just can't associate with him anymore:( but he was a great teacher, so I have a good base but now I'm out there on my own with no one to learn from or bounce ideas off so I'm happy to have found a place with some resources and info when I have questions!

Thanks guys, I look forward to diving into this forum and gaining some new knowledge.

Welcome Timothy! Good to see some more Colorado folks in the house, make yourself at home:rockon:

My quick hello ... hello :D
I've been a lurker for some time so feel like I already know the internet version of ya'lls!
A little about myself
I love trees,
I love climbing,
I love petrol powered any things,
I take everything to pieces to see if I can put it back together,
I do everything I probably should avoid,
I have a serious addiction to shiny climbing gear,
I love the look on people's faces when the find out I only have one arm,
I swim in circles.
I don't believe in political correctness nor religion,
I love my life..... think that just about covers everything.
Hope we can all be best friends and hang out sometime ��

Awesome! Welcome to the Tree House!!!

Hello Gentlemen

You might see me around here asking a few questions every now and again so I thought I'd introduce myself. I started playing with chainsaws when I was about 14. When I got old enough to get a drivers license my dad would let me use his pickup and saw so I could cut firewood for people, make a little extra spending money. At the age of 16 I traded a pistol to one of the local log cutters for a 288 Husky. That was my firewood saw until I started logging when I turned 21. I spent one year bumping knots on the landing and started falling half days the year after. I spent a couple years running log loader and excavator and spent about 12 years falling timber full time.

I have been out of the logging game for about a year now. I took a job with Idaho Dept of Lands setting up timber sales and all things related. I kind of miss logging but I'm not sure which part yet... the bees... the brush so thick you can't see your next tree... the hillsides so steep you don't dare let your hardhat fall off... shoveling snow in the winter... the sting of sweat in my eyes... emergency room visits... Yep, not sure what part I miss the most but there is something about it that I do miss.

So last summer I had a couple nice pine I needed taken out next to the house. The one, so I could build a new shed, it was easy, I just fell the whole thing out towards the neighbors and cleaned it up. The other was a heavy leaner over the house. I didn't like it hanging over my bedroom at night. It actually belonged to the neighbor but with a little talking he decided to let it go. I didn't see a safe place to fall it so I started watching youtube and purchased about $1200 worth of climbing gear. I chunked it down and am still alive to tell the story.

So now I have the climbing bug and am here to listen and learn.

Geez even the noobies know Jim is nuts!!

Welcome Buddy, cool first post.

Back