The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Geez even the noobies know Jim is nuts!!

Welcome Buddy, cool first post.

Thanks cory, this place is keeping me from going insane today. We still have about 2 feet of snow on the ground, it's 32 degrees and the wind is blowing. Wishing I had a 2 story house with a vaulted ceiling, I would rig up some rope and practice some climbing.

That would be sweet. Sometimes just using a pull up bar to practice different hitches and such can be good.

Yeah that weather more or less sucks. My advice is definitely do NOT go to South Florida for a week by the ocean. I did and coming back home to CT caused significant emotional trauma:whine:

Welcome to the TreeHouse, brother. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

It's kinda bothering me - and I'll be the first to say it...

You look WAY too young to be messing around with a chainsaw!!!

Ha thanks, that's my nephew. I don't think we have to worry about him growing up to be a logger or an arborist. 10 minutes away from the phone or computer and he starts having withdrawals. He is still young though, I hope to corrupt him sooner or later.

Hi, I'm kyle, been lurcking or something on this forum for years, never joined because i was new to the trade, and new people should be quiet when adults are talking lol. Several people here literally wrote the book on this trade, and thank all of you who have made learning safer, and easier. I work as a steamfitter, so any welding questions anyone has i can help on that regard, and i also own a small tree service. Loved rigging as a steamfitter, had run saws since high school, and eventually started climbing for fun. That was as serious as i had planned to get, then an older gentleman took me under his wing and i started doing trees for hire (after insurance of course). Word of mouth only, slowly gathering equipment, and learned a lot. So here i am. Was almost toying with stopping as i just got married and we had our first kid, but have decided to get serious about it and really give it a go. I finally joined because this has to be the most friendly forum anywhere, and to finally ask questions and contribute with my limited knowledge of things :)

Hello everyone, just became a new member a few days ago. I own a small tree company in NC. My business and my family are my top priority. I enjoy all aspects of tree work, but focus on dangerous/hazardous removals etc. Be great and kind friends! - Kenny

Back