The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

noob in Indy

Hi, guys. I already dove in asking about climbing systems, but I thought I'd check in at the "welcome tent" too! It's great to find you, though the level of discussion here is mostly WAY above what I can comprehend! :lol:

I'm a TOTAL amateur (middle school principal by day), but when I grow up, I want to be an arborist. ;) I got bitten by the bug after buying a heavily wooded lot here in Indy and helping my MIL manage her acreage in western NC. She has a beech blight there, the peak die-off of which coincided with two removals I had to have done on my property last year. My first saw quickly paid for itself, when I had the local tree co.s do the drops, and I did the bucking and removal.

In NC, I've taken down about 25 standing snags over the past two summers. My rigging gear is 150' of Pro-Master 3-strand and a Maasdam puller anchored with a a 6' Tuflex Roundsling. I've got VERY dog-earned and highlighted copies of Knots at Work and To Fell a Tree. I'm taking the State DNR/Indiana Hardwood Lumbermans Assoc. Cutter I and II this fall.

Now I'm reading The First Letter of St. Jeff to the Treelovers over and over and getting into climbing. Spoiled to have Treestuff on my way home from work and super glad to find a community of experts!

Another faithful follower of the Brother Jepson climber's church!

I'll bet he's even got an ISA flag tacked up somewhere inside of his garage!

Jomo

Another faithful follower of the Brother Jepson climber's church!

I'll bet he's even got an ISA flag tacked up somewhere inside of his garage!

:thumbup: :lol:

I'd love to get a sticker for my helmet, Jomo, but I'd hate to imply I knew what I was doing!

Hi I'm Richie and I have been stalking all post on th for a bit now and have dicided to show my face I love the great vibes and knowledge.
Shout out to Joel Phelps out of Fort White

Welcome Richie, my name is Randy. :)
You're in the right place if you want to learn.
There is a huge amount of knowledge to draw from with all the people here
and they're all willing to help. Very relaxed and easy going..... :thumbup:;)

Hi I'm Richie and I have been stalking all post on th for a bit now and have dicided to show my face I love the great vibes and knowledge.
Shout out to Joel Phelps out of Fort White

Welcome, Richie! My name is Tim. I hope you like it here, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Tim

Hi, guys. I already dove in asking about climbing systems, but I thought I'd check in at the "welcome tent" too! It's great to find you, though the level of discussion here is mostly WAY above what I can comprehend! :lol:

I'm a TOTAL amateur (middle school principal by day), but when I grow up, I want to be an arborist. ;) I got bitten by the bug after buying a heavily wooded lot here in Indy and helping my MIL manage her acreage in western NC. She has a beech blight there, the peak die-off of which coincided with two removals I had to have done on my property last year. My first saw quickly paid for itself, when I had the local tree co.s do the drops, and I did the bucking and removal.

In NC, I've taken down about 25 standing snags over the past two summers. My rigging gear is 150' of Pro-Master 3-strand and a Maasdam puller anchored with a a 6' Tuflex Roundsling. I've got VERY dog-earned and highlighted copies of Knots at Work and To Fell a Tree. I'm taking the State DNR/Indiana Hardwood Lumbermans Assoc. Cutter I and II this fall.

Now I'm reading The First Letter of St. Jeff to the Treelovers over and over and getting into climbing. Spoiled to have Treestuff on my way home from work and super glad to find a community of experts!

Welcome, Spellfeller! My name is Tim. Glad to have you here, and I hope you enjoy the place. Lots of nice folks on this forum.

Tim

HI new guys, I'm one of the girls the boys let climb into the TreeHouse!
Just so you know and don't have to wonder about the more touchy-feely tones of some of my posts :)

Fi

Hey everyone, I'm Kyle. I've been casually lurking for a while and have finally decided to introduce myself. I'm out of NW Arkansas and have recently started my own business. Like 90% of my work is still contract climbing for other companies, but there's no harm in baby steps.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and discussing the quest to find the perfect climbing system!

Back