The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hey guys, my name is Reg, new member to the site but not new to treework. Im 41, been hard at it just short of 25 years now, still learning and improving. Have been fortunate enough to work several countries, the most recent and probably the last stop being Victoria BC for the last two and a half years. Been a contract climber for 20 years now, and I do also have a hand in the manufacturing of some treework related equipment, as a sideline. Ive been lucky enough to meet and work with lots of good people during my time in the job, and some not so good....be that the minority. I admittedly dont have a whole lot to say and post each day or week, but I will at least try to make them count for something. Thanks

Victoria eh. I worked on the island for a lot of years. Logging though, so north island mostly. Now I'm back where I grew up in the north Okanagan. Welcome.

Justin

Welcome to the Treehouse Reg. I'm just a lowly saw mechanic, but this place is filled with guys that know the tree business. I'm sure you'll fit in well.

Thanks for the welcome guys....its a lot more than Im used to already :lol:

Guinness is my drink, Irish family and all that....although I was actually born in England.

You know Burnham, what you said about having room for another treeman etc, when i think about it I dont actually have any other kind in my life that I would consider any sort of friend of mine. I mean, I cant even think of one....outside of family and i dont hear or see much of them either. Dont know how healthy that is but funny how its worked out that way.

Welcome Reg,
a good group of people here. Relaxed and friendly, willing to help however they can.
It was a very different experience for me when I joined, a good atmosphere. I'm sure you'll like what you find.
Make yourself at home.
I'm Randy(not a saw mechanic :P), just another tree guy trying to learn more about the craft.

Welcome to the House Reg and Jacob.

I did a couple of dead fir the other day, nothing too hairy or giant, but cold for the area and a bit breezy at the top of the hill next to a water tower. I had the echo from your dead firs video commentary reminding me to be aware of the sway of the tree, as it had so little dampening. A helpful reminder in that cold wind to stay focused on everything and not get distracted by the cold. So thanks for that.

They are keeping me warm as we speak. I guess they were a bit deader and for longer than I thought bark came off from splitting. Supposedly, the neighbor poisoned them in the past and the house is in foreclosure.

Hello, im Johannes from Germany. I work as a freelance tree climber and rope access worker in Berlin. Been reading this forum for about a year. I really like the spirit of this community and enjoy the conversations here. Cheers for having me.

Johannes

Back