How'd it go today?

Open the 880 up an RCH and get some fuel through it B .Often times that clears them up then leaner back out til it runs right . I have to do it all time with so many saws and so little usage each .

Fact being as soon as I get back from the post office where I'm sending a letter to the other B. I have to do exactly the same with a mower engine .

53 out of 101 estimates done today! I am beat. Almost 300km driven, my butt is sore.

Quality over quantity here. I did one estimate after work today and sold a $3500 job for tomorrow. We had a storm cell whip up this afternoon and a small twister took out 3 trees at a client's property. It's a charter school and one of the trees is in the playground so it needs to be cleaned up before school on Monday. I have a 50 yard Prentice loader coming around noon to get all the wood so we should be done with everything in about 5-6 hours. 8)

Cut mo grass today and got paid. Still no receivables in the mail today. A lot of slow pays this spring. You know it's unusual when customers that have a 2-5 day turn around on paying an invoice are almost 30 days.
Have to fix a carb on one of the FS250s. Damn throttle return spring again. Good thing I get carbs for free before they go to the junk yard from the dealer in town. Bastardize that $100.00 spring off one of them and it saves me from buying a new carb. It is definitely the weak spot in those carbs.
Temp is dropping, clouds rolling in, wind blowing. Storm moving in and might get snow tonight just above my elevation. Saying cold enough to possibly frost tonight.
Kids are at Mara's for day care and Kat is at work so I came home to a nice quiet house. I think I will sit here, have some soup and enjoy the peace for a while :)

In between rain drops I worked on my riding lawnmower and later more on the tractor .You know if you let things go you just have more to do when you get around to it .

I got to work with Ninja Bill again this afternoon for a few hours. Just some nasty little trims that would have been horrible to climb, one tree was completely engulfed with bougainvillaea (a nasty thorny woody vine with lots of flowers). Then we had a thunderstorm whip up and lightning was flying! Next thing I knew my phone was going nuts. Ended up we had at least one twister come through about 3-4 miles from where I was working. I got one good job out of it already for tomorrow and will probably be getting more calls tomorrow.

I got to work with Ninja Bill again this afternoon for a few hours. Just some nasty little trims that would have been horrible to climb, one tree was completely engulfed with bougainvillaea (a nasty thorny woody vine with lots of flowers). Then we had a thunderstorm whip up and lightning was flying! Next thing I knew my phone was going nuts. Ended up we had at least one twister come through about 3-4 miles from where I was working. I got one good job out of it already for tomorrow and will probably be getting more calls tomorrow.

It was great working with you again, Yeah I have to go remove a leader that fell on a house tomorrow. I have a few others to look at, we got hit hard out here too.

Finished that pruning job from this week. I guess the guy got his TV back as he never came over to bitch me out about it. :)

Split some more wood when I got home, can't figure out how to get the shaft out of the control valve to change the o-rings or at least figure out whats leaking, going to have to call or search online for instructions. I didn't give it much time so I can surely be missing something.

Went to the house and moved some soil they had piled on top of a nice Horse Chestnut. The freaking thing was sending out loads of fibrous roots 2' up the trunk. It was horse manure that broke down from over the years into a fluffly like top soil. Burned a tank and a half of fuel in the mini moving that crap. Much better now, and I can finally set up my log pile/splitting corner better. After that Ashly and I split and planted a bunch of Hosta.

Tired.:|:

I did one estimate for some puny liquid amber tree; however, she seems to be single, good looking and in my age bracket.

Raining here today. Washed the dirt bike this morning, and brought the Simplicity Tractor to my house. Also decided to fix the leak in the hydraulic valve on the splitter. There was two standard washers I sourced from my kit, and one flat style rubber. Replaced the round washers, but didn't fix it, so of course I need the flat washer.

During that fiasco I dropped one of four tiny ball bearings, on the ground. Damn, not a good idea to work on gravel. It works fine, but I'll have to order one of those when I get the seal kit.

Back