How'd it go today?

Finished demolishing a large pressure treated playground today.

DEC said we couldn't tub grind it and sell it for chip fuel.

22 Rolloff loads in total, all to the landfill.

$$$$:D

103 degrees-I've fallen out for a cool down. Doing a crown restoration on a previously topped Ash. I underbid it but it is turning out nice. I have to go back and pull some low hangers and chip the second half of the brush.

I finished up the 175 year old live oak I started Wednesday. I think I had about 13 hours in flying time, not counting cleanup (2 trailer loads of moss). They aren't ultra tall but they have a massive spread. Took me 5 setups to work all the way around it. I couldn't reach the top 30' but the moss wasn't too bad in the top. I would have climbed it but I already had too much time in it already. This was my 'goodwill' job of the month. I charged him $400, or 6 hours bucket time. :O

The first two pictures are the tree before and after, the third picture is a closeup of the spanish moss and the 4th picture is the same limb after I pulled the moss off. And I wish I could get my $$$camera$$$ to take decent pictures. :(

More pictures HERE: http://www.gypoclimber.com/showthread.php?p=145402#post145402

Take it easy in that heat, Justin. You know the deal, don't end up mentally compromised like me due to heat stroke. :|:

Some things we do just for the love of it.
Good on ye, Brian. It turned out beautiful.

Beautiful tree, Brian, and a job well done.
Interesting fact: Spanish moss is in the same family as pineapple. It is not actually a moss.

I just got home from a volunteer day helping to deadwood all the trees for the ITCC.

Great Job Brian,

I played gopher boy today and earned my little pittance climbing oaks
and topping bays.

Last time I agree for such a measley day wage.
Where's the skuffaw emoticon?

Meh... I picked up a couple of old saws today... drank beer, and talked to guthuntfishwood (Jeff) on the phone... stellar day ;) .

I'm headed out on the town later though... :evil: :lol:

Gary

did a little removal for anouther outfit this am. ran a water line for my ice maker (ice tastes like crap now), started hooking up a oil pressure gauge in the bucket truck,had bbq and played settlers of catan with friends. great day

I had two calls while at church this morning for bid requests...WTF...I'm not complaining mind..But the week before last I only got three calls all week.

"and on the seventh day he rested". That's right I rested all day and I'm not sorry.:D

wow!

And I don't know why I wasted all that time and money on climbing gear and a bucket truck............when I already owned a ladder and a hacksaw :what: . This is happening right now like two minutes away from my house..................enjoy :D

Funny thing is two years ago I watched them build that little rock wall and kill those trees in the first place. As long as my neighbor(kind of) and his *** aren't getting into treework I might stand a chance still.

What's the guy in the ditch doing besides acting like a target? :?

He's either there to warn the cars they're about to get 'brushed' or he's there to clear the tops off of the road as quickly as possible lmfao. I can't quite see them from my deck. dammit. They've been working on this little group of trees for on four hours now.

Back