How'd it go today?

Finished up a couple of pretty big trees of hell err I mean heavan and then banged out a smallish willow, then re-topped a elm 'hedge', then took the dead top out of a birch and shaped it up a bit. Awesome day, eating through jobs incredibly fast. I'mma digging it.

Tomorrow my new guy gets trained up on my stumpgrinder/mini and then I'll never be grinding another stump as long as he's around. Yes.

I'm beyond stoked. We're eating up jobs faster than I imagined, he's very knowledgeable about trees and a very capable cutter. Fast and efficient, normally when guys are fast I feel scared for them. I don't get that feeling when I see him cutting.

Right on, Justin. Sounds like a good start to your busy season. Brushing out the Okanagan River channel today, BO-RING! Money in the bank though. I had brought in my own saw for a couple of days because I was sick of using the bosses POS's and got a stern talking to about it today. Incredible. My motivation for this employer is pretty much zero at this time, makes me want to start my own show here. But my lovely wife has a roast on the table, my kids are happy and the sun is shining!

That's the thing I can just tell it's his pace. I don't think he's out to impress he's just TCOB. I sure am enjoying being able to trade off on any task, really makes the day more enjoyable.

I know it's still new and only been a few days so I'm trying not to get to stoked on the set-up, but I'm seeing it working out long-term. I'll give him a couple of weeks before I turn him onto the house, not sure if he's a internet kinda guy or not. He'd definetly fit in though, very humble.

I've got maybe a couple days left of firewood in my rack in the garage .That should do it for the season as it's only dropping to 40 at night .It's too much of a pain in the buttocks to try and maintain a small fire without opening the windows to keep from roasting or having two old farts sitting around in their skivies .

Played some Laser Tag today after school, had an awesome time with that!!

Dad bid a removal job today, two Pin Oaks, about 75' tall each. Hopefully we get the job. From the sounds of it, its a fun one and one that I can hopefully hammer out in a day climbing wise at least. Maybe a day and a half.

Best news of the day is we landed a good sized landscaping job. Our first big contract of the year. Dad is pretty stoked, he'd been working on the bid for about a week now, so its good to see his hard work pay off. After not working for months, Dad is definitely stoked about getting this job.

Glad to see it working out for you, Justin. Cool for your guy too. Having a boss that you want to work hard for, knowing he appreciates and respects it, it's a good feeling.

I killed a tree today!
Went to a buddies to borrow a ball joint press and as I was turning around, I backed right over a newly planted Red Bud. Snapped it right off!
Some days.................................

Or rope! It was a really dangerous felling procedure! The point of pressure was so low I didn't have much leverage on it and I'm lucky it didn't come back at my truck!

Back in the trees today. Looked at this tree yesterday to see if it was climbable for the guy I work for PT. It was split, hanging there. Called me later on and said the half fell. Can we do it tomorrow? (today). Got up there and knocked out the other half, I felt there was plenty of wood left, and felt better after taking out some weight. Had that down quick and cleaned by lunch. Did some odds and ends afterward, and just put some new rubber on the dirt bike. Pinched a tube though, dammit. Won't be riding tonight, gave my spare to a buddy.

Gorgeous out, time to put the thermals away!

Back